Sunday, September 16, 2007

Catch Up

Let’s try to catch up on some comments, etc.

First, my thanks to Ronny for coming up with the Esophageal Cancer Ribbon campaign. I didn’t use the way to display it that you suggested, Ronny, at least I don’t think so. But it worked and I appreciated the help.

I had made mention some time ago of my personal cheerleader squad horoscope. I’ve gotten some responses based on that horoscope, but not in the manner I had intended.

When I stand up in front of the squad and holler, “Give me a B…” and all I hear is off-blog mutterings, it kinda negates the purpose of the squad, don’t ‘cha think?

I have handed out quite a few straight lines, recently, in hopes that the squad will pick up on them and hand me back a few curves. Not just for me, but for the rest of the squad as well. Then, the rest of the squad can pick up on something said and try to top it. It makes for more fun. And, I don’t know about you, but I could certainly use some more fun. So, why be good? Have some fun, for all of us on this blog!

So think about it when it comes to posting those comments. You always have the option of remaining anonymous, which is usually my choice.

My Pump-less!!!! post did garner some offline comments.

No, there has been no thought given to piercing anything. I’d rather do without the implant, all things considered. But that would mean that I would have to stay in the hospital for five days at a time, being waited on hand and foot, wearing out veins while they tried to pump small amounts of chemicals into my body. So I guess I’ll go with the implant.

And I see today that someone thinks my 56-year-old body looks pretty good. That’s always a boost to the ego, even if I disagree. But “…different strokes for different folks…”

As I mentioned, I did come up with something for the overnight liquid meds. It’s not up to my usual standards, but then I’m somewhat “challenged” right now. Concentration-wise, that is.

I did appreciate the off-blog suggestion that the “little colored balls” could actually be M&Ms, just in case I didn’t wake all the way up. If they get swallowed, no Hu-Hu!

As for the “hard-of-hearing” issue in the same email, you’ve actually hit on something, here. One of the chemo therapies does kill nerves, including those in the ears. So, I am going to lose some hearing. Huh? (Ben, you’re just going to have to speak up more!!) So, I got a chuckle out of your salutation, especially after I read your explanation.

Ben and I just got back from shopping for a bunch of stuff including air freshener. Sorry, but that’s a reference to off-blog conversations that I’ll leave for your imagination. For now.

We ran into my friend, Teo and his family, while we were out. Ben got to meet Teo’s family, including his two delightful little girls. It was a good day.

I did talk to the doctor today about current symptoms, and will check back with them tomorrow as well.

So, sweet dreams, all. I’ll check in tomorrow to keep you updated.

No comments: