Monday, September 17, 2007

Roommates again.

It’s true; I picked up some roommates yesterday. My son, Ben, and his two cats, Mousebane and “Himmy” (short for Him Who Must Be Obeyed), have come to stay.

They’ve been moving in a little at a time over the last few weeks but finally made the break and slept here last night. It’s so strange having to respect the rights of a fellow border after having the place to myself for so long. And Ben works second shift. But I’ll get used to it. J

But it’s also very nice to receive the attention from the cats. Mousebane remembers me from back when he lived with me before. He came right up to me and started the re-introductions. We've progressed to him getting brushed already.

I was wondering about Himmy, though. Unlike Mousebane and myself, Himmy and I have very little history together; just the few times I’d come to visit Ben. So it was nice to see that Himmy just jumped right in there and decided to get friendly.

Himmy has some medical problems, so I’m especially proud of my son for taking care of a cat that requires so much attention. I think Ben was a little worried what effect the move would have on Himmy. But from what I have seen, Himmy has perked up and has been getting around pretty well. It's also nice to see my son smiling at the antics of his 'kids.'

Anyway, welcome, guys!

Well I didn’t lose any more weight overnight, although I did lose everything that I put in me yesterday. So, I’ll get back with the doctors and see what’s up with that.

BTW, Amy, what with all my “bathroom” time, I’m getting quite a few of my Sudoku puzzles done. Now don’t worry, I have plenty more. But I remember that, at one time, you were concerned that I wasn’t giving them enough play. They’re getting play!

Unfortunately, that also means that I’m not sleeping as well, what with all the rumblings going on and all. I was up fairly early this AM and ran (drove) down to the local Subway for a breakfast wrap; I’m not used to Subway doing breakfast. Got back, ate half the wrap, did a little work, vewy, vewy, qwietwy, and fell asleep in the chair with a book. That’s why this is getting out late.

At the same time, I have picked up a nice set of mouth sores. It seems that the chemotherapy is supposed to kill the fast growing cells, usually the cancer. But, the cells in the mouth grow pretty fast as well, and therefore get targeted. Nuttin' but side-effects. Or, would that be considered "collateral damage?"

Well, I’m gonna get this posted and go from there.

Later.

No comments: