Friday, April 18, 2008

Down This Road Again

All in all, I’d much rather roll over and try to get back to sleep. But I had promised you a post that I will not be able to keep my promise on. Sorry! The least I could do is explain my failure.

I don’t know if you noticed, I’ve posted my pain meds schedule in the “Sticky Scheduler.” So if I mention that if I forgot to take my 8AM NS, my naproxen sodium, you’ll know where it fits into the pain med schedule.

Or if I mention that I took an extra ST-ST 5mg at 6PM, you’ll be able to figure out how it fits into the overall scheme of pain relief.

~~~~~~~~~

I’ve been sick all day. First it was one thing that eventually, if only partially, resolved itself, although I did not take my 8AM NS because I thought it might be causing stomach pain. I did take my 10AM meds normally. My first issue resolved itself somewhat between 10AM and Noon.

But, and I don’t know if they’re related, the second issue, extreme pain in the back, manifested itself and I spent all afternoon trying to resolve that issue.

I ended up taking my 8PM NS early at 6PM, but two hours early after missing it for 10 hours isn’t a problem. And I needed it; my hip joint was really starting to hurt. But I had talked to one of those 24 Hour Health Care Nurses about the first issue and her point was I shouldn’t have to suffer any pain at all.

So, hurting like I was, I took an extra PC-ST 5mg at 6PM. So that meant that I took 10mg of fast acting pain relief. And if it helped, I couldn’t tell. Maybe it helped me sleep a bit, but not so’s I could tell.

So, I have had this second issue before; I just don’t remember if I ever knew what the problem was. And, I have had more of this issue lately, just not as bad as today. I’d sure like to know what is going on.

~~~~~~~~~

On another front, my crutches are irritating my underarms. I have a “scrape” under the left arm, and a skin tag that is extremely irritated and sore under the right arm. Makes me not want to use the crutches.

~~~~~~~~~

It has taken me over an hour to put this little bit of a post together. It shouldn’t be an issue when I’m feeling well, but when I’m feeling sick, it takes me a while to think about and put the proper words together. So that’s why I didn’t attempt anything intellectual today. And I don’t know when I can expect to feel better, so I won’t even try to make that promise again.

Kunolunkwa, y te quiero!

No comments: