Saturday, April 19, 2008

Jaws Clenched Tight!

Do they happen to have an abbreviation for something that would mean something like “jaws clenched tight” as in trying to keep from throwing up. Or what was it Sunni called it, “blapping?”

I’ve been sick for several days. I recently doubled up on my long term and my short-term pain meds and it helps a bit better, but not enough. And the meds cause constipation, which cause a whole bunch of problems all by themselves.

So, tonight I got to experience a whole lotta jaw clenching although I had nothing in my stomach to toss.

I called the doc and he recommended Milk of Magnesia for the constipation. And I’m to double up on the long term, 40mg twice a day. And since I had already doubled the short term meds, I was to double them again up to every three hours if necessary.

I was also directed to get something else for the nausea/vomiting but before I could document this, I received a phone call that caused me to forget that part of my instructions. So, I don’t remember anything else about what I’m supposed to do.

One thing I need to tell the doc is I have a nose bleed. It’s not your normal everyday nosebleed. The left side is bleeding slowly and building up a big blood clot. I finally was able to expel a clot that was the size of my little finger up to the first joint in three easy installments! :-) But if something like that is going on in my nose, what’s going on in the rest of my body?

Hopefully I’ll remember more before Ben gets home.

Kunolunkwa, y te quiero!

No comments: