Saturday, April 5, 2008

Beer Run!!

B, double –e, double-r, u, n. Beer run!

I went on a beer run today, without the first “be.” In other words, I went on an ER Run.

I was up early and went out to take care of some business. Got home before Ben ran off to work, so we talked a bit and then I went to lie down. I was tired!!!!

So, from about 12PM to 5PM I stayed in bed. I would awaken for a while and then go back to sleep. I thought about getting up and getting my pain meds ‘cause my liver was killing me, but didn’t even have the energy to do that. I’ve learned; the pain meds are at my bedside now.

But I just felt crappy. So when I woke up enough, I took my temperature and found that I was 101.3 which is above the 100.5 threshold that I’ve been told about. So I called the clinic and eventually got the on-call doc. She sent me to the ER for a look.

My blood tests are pretty good, my neutraphils are somewhere in the 80’s which is great!! Neutraphils are the little buggers that kill cancer cells!

But why did I have the fever? I did forget that the Packer Candy contained acetaminophen, which actually lowers temperatures. So all those temps just below 100 that I've been talking about are due to the PC lowering my fevers; my temps are actually higher.

But what is causing the fever? The blood tests and a couple of x-rays don’t seem to answer that question. So they are going to do some blood cultures to see if there is an infection somewhere in my body. Like a hip joint maybe? I’ll find out Monday.

In the meantime, I’m supposed to rest. So I brought the computer into the bedroom along with my Igloo cooler set up to run on house current. I have all my cool drinks right here by my bed. If I rest anymore, I’m going to have to have you guys stay in bed for me!! Think you can handle that?

But while I was at the ER I went from hot and sweaty to kinda cool. And after not having anything to eat all day, I ended up feeling hungry on the way home at 9:00 PM.

What a day!

Kunolunkwa, y te quiero!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I get the computer and Igloo to stay in bed - count me in!

-HB said...

As I recall you have a laptop. All you need to do there is to provide power to it in your bedroom.

As for the Igloo, any small refrigerator will work. This one just happened to go over the road with me so it's 12 volt and has usually stayed in my bedroom when the kids were home.

When Cuz and Ronnie were here, they used my 120v > 12v power supply because they were over $30 in the store. But for the peace of mind, being able to lean over, open the door, and snag yourself a cold one, that's a small price to pay!

But I will keep you in mind when I need to rest more than I already am. Be ready for the call!!

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I assent to but I think the brief should secure more info then it has.