Sunday, April 27, 2008

Another Update

Here's another update, in the spirit of keeing everyone informed as much as possible. Dad had more visitors this afternoon. His brother Bill, Bill' s wife Julie, and Dad's mother Marie all visited with Dad. While Dad was in and out of consciousness, he seemed to enjoy the company. Of course, I know it was a difficult shock for Bill, Julie, and Marie to see Dad in this condition because things are progressing much faster than anyone expected.

Of course, Dad has been joking around whenever he was awake, including "petting" Ben's cats with the grabber-claw thing he requested I get him (So that he can pick things up from afar from a laying-down position). He has also been stubborn whenever the opportunity arises. So, he's very much still himself ;-).

He has been VERY drowsy the last two days, and that seems to be getting worse. It is due to both/either 1) the pain medication he is on, and 2) the deterioration of his liver. When the liver stops functioning, it makes one's blood composition wacky, which will affect the functioning of one's brain. Dad's nurses said this may be beginning to happen. A hospice nurse will be here again tomorrow, so we may know more then.

I will briefly go back to Tampa from Tues - Wed, but I plan to turn right around and come back, given the current situation.

We will do our best to continue keeping everyone updated. If anyone wants to email me directly, my email is the same as Dad's, except that it's my name instead of his. So, that would be amy.m @ "our last name here" .com

If anyone would like my phone number, email me and I will provide it that way.

xoxox,

Amy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished my cross-country move, many hours of which were spent thinking about your father and hoping he was holding on. Needless to say, reading these last few posts have been quite a shock.

Please tell your Dad that I wish him all the best, and if he still wants some of my Inca Gold truffles (it's the flavor with cayenne pepper in it), I will make them and send them to him ASAP.

My thoughts are with all of you.

Anonymous said...

We ask a blessing on the earth our home. All that have been here, are here now and will be in the time to come. We ask the ancients to bless us, when we come to the end, of own particular dance.

Anonymous said...

Been thinking about you, and squeezing my eyes at night for 'sweet dreams'....