Sunday, April 27, 2008

Home and entertaining.

Dad made it back from the hospital, but he's been very tried and mostly bedridden. He has been reading, and enjoying, the comments on the blog, but has not felt up to posting thus far.

Medically, things are not going well. His abdomen is still distended from fluid build-up discharged by the liver, and he was and still may be bleeding into his stood and urine. He is, however, on a pretty potent mix of drugs, so there shouldn't be much discomfort.

I don't recall off hand if Dad ever established just who the Stevens clan was for his blog audience; in case he didn't, I'll summarize by saying that they have been dear friends of his for many years. Many members of this family have been keeping Dad company this weekend (and for months before that, truth be told), and doing a very good job of it. It's a bit strange for me to wake up to the sound of laughter coming from Dad's room, but I can't imagine a scenario that would be more pleasant for Dad. Considering that my mother and stepfather have been visiting as well, this has made the house more crowded than I've ever seen before!

2 comments:

nsanyi25 said...

Thanks for sharing this realist, objective review of Lenovo IdeaPad Y530 laptop. I found the post very useful and the price is very interesting. I will come back to read some more. sportfogadás

Best Car massage seat 2018 said...

I like this post so much