Wednesday, March 5, 2008

It’s A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood…

…or at least it should be.

I don’t have a lot to say tonight. I’m going to bed early so I can get up early to get some blood work drawn AT WORK! I’m so excited. Not! Chances are they’re going to ask me to do some exercises from the looks of the paperwork. What is the smiley for raucous laughter? Do they even have one? They’ll be lucky when I get out of their chair.

BTW, I was out today paying bills and picking up a few things. Figured I’d stop at Fazoli’s for their Italian Beef Submarino. First, if there was anything in that sandwich other than the meat and the provolone cheese, I didn’t see it. It should have had onions and peppers. Note the use of the word ‘should.’

Second, they must have gotten their beef from wild cows or something. It contained quite a bit of connective tissue. It was the worst piece of meat that I have had in decades. It worked out quite well for my new chewing routine, though. I would take a bite, chew until all the bread, cheese, and chewable meat was gone, and then spit out this wad of connective tissue. Now, I wasn’t taking big bites but one wad was almost the size of the first joint of my little finger. Nope, not going back for more.

It was the first time I had eaten almost an entire store-bought sandwich in quite a while, but it took me almost an entire movie to do so. I was watching Donnie Darko on my son’s recommendation—pretty good flic, I hadn’t seen it before—so it took at least an hour or more. I suppose the extra chewing had something to do with it, too.

The pain is slowly going away, but can return with astonishing speed. I took my meds when I got up, but without the pain, I sometimes forget to take my pain meds. Like today! But with the sandwich and the big honkin’ pills I take, my stomach can get testy real quick. It’s only been a week since the last assault on my stomach. So, I may be doin’ OK, or I may not. No previous experience to be able to tell.

I asked Ben last night if he thought I was doing better or not. I’m too close to the problem so it’s sometimes hard to tell. And my memory can be rather short on some things. He tells he thinks I’m doing better, so that was good to hear.

It looks like I had more to say than I thought I did. See what happens when you get me talking?

I hope that y’all are doing OK and that things are going well for you. And remember: kunolunkwa, y te quiero!

"As a juror, I will exercise my 1000-year-old duty to arrive at a verdict, not just on the basis of the facts of a particular case, or instructions I am given, but through my power to reason, my knowledge of the Bill of Rights, and my individual conscience. When needful, I will judge the law itself." -L. Neil Smith

No comments: