Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Happy Six Month Anniversary!

Well, it’s been six months today that I’ve been “disabled.” The insurance company that covers my car payments is looking to cut me loose. They sent forms that, conveniently, never got to me. So, they’ll now send me more forms.

The alternate title to this post was going to be The Times They Are A-Changin’. Things are changing for me, and not necessarily for the better but it’s hard to tell.

My peripheral neuropathy is acting up. I’m hoping that it is reducing, in that I’m getting feeling back into my feet and hands. But it feels strange, and different.

My right ankle and left hip joints are starting to cause me the same pain that got me kicked of the PC and told to take aspirin! I’m hoping that it is just due to the lack of magnesium. I haven’t been taking my supplements as religiously as I should. I sometimes forget. And if you aren’t already supplementing with magnesium, you’d better!

My mouth has a metallic taste to it. I’m hoping that it’s like the neuropathy and an indication that things are getting better. Come on taste buds!!

I stopped shaving the little head hair that I have and started letting it grow. So I have this white peach fuzz where I used to have hair before. I’ll let it grow for a while before making a decision about it. I’m still shaving my face until I have more whiskers show up. The mustache feels like it might be thick enough but the rest is still rather scant.

And my cough is still with me. My assumption is that it is still the same cough that one of my blood pressure meds causes, but it can get annoying sometimes.

I finally started taking some of my herbal supplements. I took valerian root instead of the sleeping meds last night and did pretty well. If I take my passionflower maybe my mood will lighten up a little, too. :-) I haven’t jumped into taking everything all at once. I’m working back into my routine slowly.

I stopped by the health food store and picked up a gentle detox cleanse product. I need to get rid of all the toxins that the chemo and radiation have released in my body. Of course it would help if I drank more water, too.

While I was out yesterday, I hit three stores. By the time I got home, my back was feeling sore and I was starting to curl up into a ball, it seemed. Don’t know what that was about. But I noticed it here at home today as well. I’m wondering if I need more exercise.

Thursday I have to go in and have my blood tested at work. They’ve gone with yet another healthcare provider to help us stop our evil ways and nasty habits. For some reason, the folks in Sheboygan didn’t work out, so now they’ll try some folks here in Green Bay. I told the HR rep that my blood is going to be off the charts for a normal person, but should be fairly normal for what I’m going through. Still gotta do it or lose my insurance. What can I say?

Well, I think that’s all for now. There is still some paperwork that I want to try to get done tonight.

Kunolunkwa, y te quiero!

"As a juror, I will exercise my 1000-year-old duty to arrive at a verdict, not just on the basis of the facts of a particular case, or instructions I am given, but through my power to reason, my knowledge of the Bill of Rights, and my individual conscience. When needful, I will judge the law itself." -L. Neil Smith

No comments: