Sunday, March 9, 2008

Happy Birthday, Oscar

Along about 4:30AM I got up to visit the little boy’s room. I found Mousebane outside my door and he was very glad to see me. Being in a middle-of-the-night stupor, I continued into the bathroom and looked around. Sometime earlier, the sound of a “bump” had made its way into my consciousness despite sleep and my white noise generator (WNG). It had sounded like something had tipped over in the bathroom, but I found nothing improper in there.

When I left the bathroom Mousebane was right up against the door, still very happy to see me again although he ran off down the hall. Being the good morning-zombie that I am, I followed. I discovered the door to the kitchen closed.

When Ben uses the oven the smoke alarm outside the bedrooms can go off for no apparent reason. Rather than pull the battery, we just close the door.

Well it seems that Mouse got stuck on the wrong side of the door. His water is in the kitchen and basement; his food and cat box are in the basement, out the other door in the kitchen.

He took off down the stairs without even saying, “Thanks!”

~~~~~~~~~

I see we changed back to regular time. I was checking to see when my email to my former neighbor finally got sent only to find that it left my outbox one hour into my future. So I had to stop and find out how that had happened. Since my cell phone along with my computer said I was living one hour in the past, I guessed that the government had changed time again. At least now when I go out to capture some midday sun, it truly will be midday!

See, even the government can be right once a year.

~~~~~~~~~

After careful consideration, I realized that since I hardly throw anything away, I must have fixed the brush for my vacuum cleaner at some point in the past. So downstairs I went and found two, count ‘em two, used brushes. It seems that long hair plays havoc on the brushes! Not mine, BTW!! LOL!!!!

So, I pulled the bad bearing from the most recent brush and substituted one from one of the old brushes after being rebuilt by yours truly. Put it in the vacuum and lo and behold, it worked! So, sometime tomorrow I hope to get the house vacuumed.

~~~~~~~~~

Of course that all depends on my VLCC visit tomorrow at 10:00AM. I’m only supposed to have blood work and a consult with Dr. “Himmy” but we all know how that has turned out before.

I’m hoping to find out what we are going to be doing in the near future.

~~~~~~~~~

So have you figured out what I mean when I link to Nuremberg II yet?

Kunolunkwa, y te quiero!

No comments: