Monday, February 11, 2008

“Rescheduled” Must Mean Something Else…

…’cause I had chemo today. Because my White Blood Cells were down slightly, they reduced my dose a little.

~~~~~~~~~

I picked up my temporary handicap-parking placard. Of course, when I got to VLCC, the handicap spots were all full. I still had to park in the general lot! You’d figure that in front of a cancer clinic they might have more than three handicap spots.

~~~~~~~~~

Talked to Dr. P. today. I asked him why he had asked about my sister, Cuz. He said he was just refreshing his recollection of the visit, seeing as how Cuz and Ronny were from out-of-country.

~~~~~~~~~~

I also asked if Dr. P. would supervise the use of the Maruyama vaccine that is currently a CAM (Complementary & Alternative Medicine) treatment for cancer. He said that he would. He said that he has no problems with treatments that don’t cause any harm and that may actually work.

I did find it slightly funny ‘cause the anti-cancer drugs may help but they definitely can cause harm. Remember my “cold” feet, my reduced hearing, and my extreme fatigue?

~~~~~~~~~~

Why would the name Pedro Infante be familiar to me? I was talking with una amiga and she brought his name up. He died when I was six, long before mi amiga was born. No se! Don’t know!

I’m waiting for her to bring her almost 5-month-old hija bonita over next week so I can play with her. The baby daughter, not the mamacita! Although, if the circumstances were different…… But the little girl is sick right now, and that might not be too good for me to catch something communicable.

~~~~~~~~~

I started out the day pretty tired. I had to almost lie on the counter at the DMV ‘cause I was whooped! They don’t provide stools. But after sitting around the VLCC, I did feel less tired. But I did find out that they give me something to make me “feel better.” I need to find out what that is. It’s the only thing I can think of that can account for the change. It might be useful to get a prescription if the side effects aren’t too bad.

~~~~~~~~~

I still have one more hospital complaint. When they did the CT scan with the high contrast dye media, they put in an antecubital large bore IV and left it in the entire time I was in the hospital. It actually leaked while they were forcing the dye into my arm.

Reading the card I carry in my wallet for my port, I found that they could have actually used my port; it was rated for what they did. But they said “no, can’t use that!” So I asked the nurses today. “Yeah, they could have used your port.”

Doesn’t it make you wonder, just a little bit?

Kunolunkwa, y te quireo!

"As a juror, I will exercise my 1000-year-old duty to arrive at a verdict, not just on the basis of the facts of a particular case, or instructions I am given, but through my power to reason, my knowledge of the Bill of Rights, and my individual conscience. When needful, I will judge the law itself." -L. Neil Smith

No comments: