Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Late Radiation Treatment Today

Due to scheduling conflicts, they had me come in late this afternoon for treatment. I’ll have the same situation on Monday and Tuesday of next week. The nice thing was I didn’t have to set my alarm to wake up!!!

I’ve mentioned the “hiccups” or muscle spasms with relation to treatment. I experienced that again today. And, I do have some pain in the area. I’m hoping that it doesn’t develop into something more.

~~~~~~~~~~

This police abuse issue is developing a life of it’s own. I recently read about a situation near Orlando where the cops told a 17-year-old woman to stop calling them or they would arrest her and her ex-boyfriend just before her ex-boyfriend kills her and then kills himself.

Or how about the Shreveport Louisiana police officer who turns off the video camera while booking a woman for DWI. When the camera comes back on, the woman is laying on the floor in a pool of her own blood, suffering black eyes, busted teeth, and other assorted injuries. “She slipped and fell.” And the officer apparently did everything according to procedure!

~~~~~~~~~

With those in mind, I reflected on my own “run-ins” with the police.

I was once struck in the face by an Illinois State Police officer in my own house. He was looking for someone, and I wasn’t being “forthcoming” with my responses. But that was years ago.

Last year, I had a run-in with a Green Bay City officer. As an ex-QA manager, I take the rules of the road rather seriously. Ask Amy!! So it's not too often that I come to the attention of the police. But in this case I was driving west on Mason Street, which is a four-lane street and was attempting to make a right turn into a two-lane street.

The officer was in the left lane behind me, and by his own words wasn’t paying too much attention to traffic; he was probably playing with his computer. So when I made my turn exactly as taught by my instructors for the conditions, he got bent out of shape and pulled me over.

First he tried to say that I cut him off. I was making a right turn with a trailer. We have to make WIDE RIGHT TURNS if we wish to keep our trailer wheels in the street instead of all over the sidewalk and any pedestrians that are there. I’m sure that you’ve all seen the Caution Wide Right Turns graphic on the back of some trailers. That means I had to use most of his lane to make my turn.

Then he said that I didn’t have my turn signal on and that I nearly ran over the woman who was trying to sneak past me on the right side. I calmly explained that my signal had been on for over a block and that I was watching the woman to make sure that I didn’t run over her vehicle.

“In the old days,” and you might still see it on some of the older trailers, there were signs that had an arrow pointing to the left side of the trailer with the caption “Passing Side.” An arrow pointing to the right side of the trailer had a caption that read “Suicide.”

You try passing on the right side of a tractor-trailer, and you just might get run over. I’ve seen it happen! Yet 4-wheelers still continue to try and pass on the right side. Duh!!

I calmly explained to him that I made the turn as I was taught, and the same way as millions of other truckers make right turns under the same situation. But for whatever reason, he was highly incensed, shouting and waving his arms around.

I had done nothing wrong. I did everything the way I was supposed to. But he was still giving me a hard time.

I called my boss later and explained the situation, that we had an idiot cop in Green Bay. The only thing that I can come up with to explain his behavior was he had asked several times if I had seen him behind me (before making my turn). My guess was that, along with him not paying attention to traffic and possibly almost hitting me, he thought that I should have let him go by me before making my swing to the left to make my right turn successfully.

If I had done something wrong, he would have ticketed me. Since I had nothing wrong, all he could do was put the “fear of my government” into me. I believe that it was Thomas Jefferson who said, “If the government fear the people, that is LIBERTY, if the people fear the government, that is TYRANNY.”

~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of tyranny, Dr. Himmy said I couldn’t use my resveratrol and quercetin supplements until my chemo was over. Which is kinda funny because resveratrol has been shown in some instances to induce apoptosis, which is a programmed cell death. Cancer cells survive because they somehow turn off their susceptibility to programmed cell death. Resveratrol turns that susceptibility back on. So it works well with chemo.

Oh, well! One of these days I need to go on a rant about allopaths.

Kunolunkwa, y te quiero!

"As a juror, I will exercise my 1000-year-old duty to arrive at a verdict, not just on the basis of the facts of a particular case, or instructions I am given, but through my power to reason, my knowledge of the Bill of Rights, and my individual conscience. When needful, I will judge the law itself." -L. Neil Smith

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Resveratrol can help you to lead a long and healthy life so says Dr. Oz. Resveratrol has shown anti-cancer properties in mice.
Resveratrol Supplements can help you control your weight naturally
by increasing energy, reducing cravings, and limiting your appetite.
According to Wikipedia, Consumer Lab, an independent dietary
supplement and over the counter products evaluation organization,
published a report on 13 November 2007 on the popular resveratrol
supplements. The organization reported that there exists a wide range
in quality, dose, and price among the 13 resveratrol products
evaluated. The actual amount of resveratrol contained in the
different brands range from 2.2mg for Revatrol, which claimed to have
400mg of "Red Wine Grape Complex", to 500mg for Biotivia.com Transmax,
which is consistent with the amount claimed on the product's label.
Prices per 100mg of resveratrol ranged from less than $.30 for
products made by Biotivia.com, jarrow, and country life, to a high of
$45.27 for the Revatrol brand. None of the products tested were found
to have significant levels of heavy metals or other contaminants.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.