Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Don't Freak Out, but Dad's in the Hospital

Hi all,

I'm writing this to update everyone... Dad was not feeling well at all today, so instead of beginning radiation, they admitted him into the hospital. After running a barrage of tests, they have discovered he has multiple Pulmonary Embolisms (Emboli?) [PE]. These are blood clots in the arteries of the lungs. You can Google the term to find out more. While embolisms are bad, they are obviously the worst without treatment, and he is getting treatment. He said he does not think he is in any danger and should be O.K. He also stated that the mortality rate for UN-treated PE is 26%.

He doesn't know how long they are gonna keep him, but he says it sounds like several days. He's at Aurora Baycare Medical Center, 920-288-8000, room #152. There is wireless internet there, but he said he won't be blogging for a while, so I wanted to update everyone.

I'll keep you posted as best I can,

Amy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers, as always. I'll talk to you very soon, Hal.

Amy and Ben, many thanks as always.

KMMK

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Thanks for the update on your father's condition. I'm trying not to freak. I'll try giving him a quick call tomorrow. I figure he'll probably have others stopping to see him/calling him tonight.