Thursday, January 10, 2008

Dad's hospital stay, day 2.

I stopped by the hospital earlier today. Despite the fact that Dad had been up for nearly thirty hours, he seemed to be in a better mood than he's been in the past several days. His treatment during the stay, it seems, will consist solely of blood thinners and anti-biotics.

I'm not really clear on why he's getting the clots in the first place, but he said that the doctors told him the tumor might be causing them to form somehow. Because of that, he may need to be on blood thinners permanently.

-Ben

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, HB......I tried calling. I gave them the room number. It rang and rang and rang. I gave them your name including all initials and possible combinations to which they replied "Oh yeah...he's in Rm. 152, I'll ring that for you." Again....ring, ring, ring. While all of this is happening I can see you're online at The Corner and you even posted as I was listening to the ringing. Finally they came back on to tell me no one was answering in that room. (Real geniuses there, eh? LOL) They did give me the option of talking to the nurses station but at this point I thought you might have gone for a walk to the lounge or something taking your laptop with you and didn't want them hunting you down and disturbing you.

Anywho....just wanted you to know I tried. :-)

-HB said...

I really don't know what went on. When I listened to something on my computer with the headphones/ earbuds, I moved the phone to where I could see the flasher. I realizer that the phone ringer wasn't loud which was why I didn't do it.

Sorry, but thanks for the attempt!