Friday, October 12, 2007

Test Post from Amy

Hey all,

Well, Dad wanted Ben and I to be able to post on his blog, to keep folks updated if/when he's in the hospital for surgery and unable to post. So, here's my first attempt....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some folks were curious as to my impressions of Dad while I was home. Well, its hard to analyze him objectively, since he is my Dad ;-), but I'll try. After the initial adjustment to his not having a beard anymore (DAD- you should post a new pic!), the main thing I noticed was him being very tired. But, on Chemo, that is to be expected. He is also now much thinner than I've ever seen him before, but I was expecting that. I am very glad he's on better pain meds, because the other stuff was obviously such a headache for him. Also, Ben (my brother) reminded me that I was there "at the worst" in terms of the chemo, and that, when he's not on chemo, he is quite "normal" ;-). I know that to be true, as well, from his posts and stuff. I went during "the worst" on purpose, so that was kind of expected as well. I admit I was a bit surprised by how loving and cuddly he is being with Ben's cats ;-)!! But, I know that's a good thing, too. Now, we just have to wait until after the PET scan on the 19th to learn what the plan is in terms of surgery.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was very nice to be home and to see everybody. And thanks again to Dad (and now Ben as well) for letting me shack up at his/their place.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let me know if there are any problems with this post, OK?

xoxoxo,

Amy

7 comments:

-HB said...

I'm waiting for the HB/Shrek comparisons.

I'll see if I can get Ben to take a few photos today. I may even post one.

As for the worst, I think it got somewhat worse after you left. I've been out-of-it more, anyway. Just having trouble getting the enegry to even funtion. So much stuff to do and to pooped to pop.

I don't see what is so surprising about me and the cats. I've always liked animals. We've had quite a few when you guys were little. I just chose not to have any of my own, until Otsitsi.

Otherwise, your first attempt looks great!

Anonymous said...

Amy...the posting works wonderfully.

Ben...you look years younger in the new picture and just as handsome!

-HB said...

Nettie, remember this day. This is the first time--in how many years?--that you've said ANYTHING to make me question your credibility.

But I do understand. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

*ahem* There ain't nuthin wrong with my credibility and by now you damn well should know I never say something I don't mean.

Don't MAKE me cross the pond and set you straight, my friend!

-HB said...

I SAID that I DO understand, I didn't say that I didn't believe that you meant it. Big difference.

However, it wouldn't take you "crosssing the pond" to set me straight. I hardly have the energy to wash the dishes, much less resist your efforts to cheer me up. :-D

Anonymous said...

Did the Shrek movie marathon take place?

New picture looks great - love the 'smirky' smile.

-HB said...

Yes it did. The first Shrek was interesting in terms of character development and I could see quite a few similarities. But I've been waiting for an analysis from the kids before I say too much more.

Actually, that wasn't a smile.