Sunday, October 21, 2007

OK, I Survived….

….the weekend. Just as a reminder, I did say that I might be off line this weekend in my last post. OK, my next to last post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’ve been working on cleaning and organizing my “office.” I’ve rearranged the room so that I can put a single-sized airbed down in it if I need to this holiday season for company.

I’ve been working on the cat platform. I’ve gotten the dowels cut to length for the railing, now. Tomorrow I’m hoping to get the carpet laid. I may even get the railing put up. The issue will be drilling the holes correctly AFTER the carpet has been put in place. Otherwise, I’ve got to cut through the carpet to find the holes. I plan to drill them on an angle so as to not take up too much room on the platform itself. Should be interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I haven’t been feeling well since my visit to the hospital for my PET scan. Why is it one seems to GET SICK in the hospital? My nose has been dripping for several days now so I guess I’m not dehydrated!

But the cats seem to be sick, as well, and they haven’t been to the hospital. Mousebane has been drooling, and occasionally tossing his cookies, if he ever ate cookies. I think Himmy has tossed his once or twice, as well.

So, being tired from not feeling well, I’ve been moving slower than normal. And it doesn’t help that my joint pain has increased. Even my fingers are hurting now from the inflammation. Even the incisions for my port were inflamed. RED!!! I almost stopped in to the VLCC on Friday to have someone look at them. I don’t want them getting infected. But it’s from the inside, not the outside, that they’re being affected. Inflammation in the joints, inflammation in the recent incisions. I am a little concerned that they still show red. They should have been healed by now.

So, when I go in Wednesday for my next round of chemo, I’m going to ask to be allowed the use of CAM anti-inflammatory products and other supplements that will help me feel better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was surprised when I actually slept 12 hours last night. That’s the first time I’ve done that in a long, long time. Since I usually try to get a post put together in the morning, that didn’t happen today.

Ben and I then ran over to his place and got the rest of his things and brought them back here. The biggest item was Grandpa John’s desk, but we managed quite well, thank you.

Next, we spent some time putting things together. And, if you know me, you’ll know that I “fixed” a few items that may not have necessarily needed it now, but would have needed it eventually.

We moved my big 5-drawer filing cabinet to the basement and although I would have let him use it, Ben purchased it for his own use. It was an old one that weighed more than twice what Grandpa John’s desk weighed, but was more compact so it was easier to move.

But I had a good time working with Ben.

We were taking a break on my bench in the back of the house, talking and admiring the fall colors. I just had to go in, get my camera, and take a few pictures of the leaves turning colors to send to my daughter in Florida who doesn’t get to see the turning of the seasons very often anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rereading my post, I am reminded of las mujeres (the women) at the Sweatshop, one of my company's accounts that I drove for. The women were impressed that I never walked up the stairs at work; I RAN up the stairs, two or three at a time. Now these are the industrial-type stairs, a floor-and-a-half tall.

Now I can barely walk up the stairs. I guess I’m glad that I didn’t “take up” with any of the ladies, now. They’d certainly be disappointed that I can’t “run up the stairs,” anymore.

Well, I’ve written another 1,000 words tonight that I don’t think I’ll post at this time. I saw the second shift lead person (a gringo) from the Sweatshop at Wal Mart yesterday who completely ignored me when I tried to say “Hi.” Twice.

Now I realize that I look somewhat different now. No hair, no beard and 50 pounds lighter. But I used his name; I knew him. And he knew I knew him. If nothing else, he should have recognized my KYFHO hat!

But it disturbed me that he would ignore someone he once worked with. But it does go together with being a “boss” at the Sweatshop. And I have friends who still work with and for that bastard. They have my sympathies.

I’m going to go to bed now before I write another 1,000 words. :-)

No comments: