Monday, October 22, 2007

Just Another Manic Monday

I started out today trying to answer some emails. For some reason I couldn’t seem to concentrate. It couldn’t have anything to do with staying up until almost 2:00AM talking with Ben.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The “office” is rearranged. I still have a little electrical work to do to get it set up. And I still have to hook up some of my electronic toys, stuff that hasn’t been used in a while, like my scanner. I have a big box of photos I want to scan to hard disk.

Then comes the hard part, going through all the paperwork I’ve collected over the years; sorting, filing, and hopefully throwing some away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got the ramp carpeted. I didn’t have time to do the platform. That’ll happen tomorrow. I had to run out to get longer staples.

I got Mousebane to climb the ramp after a couple of treats. He made it down the ramp as well. It looked like he slipped a little but otherwise he made it just fine.

Himmy, on the other hand, wasn’t quite so gullible. He ended up standing along side of the ramp and stretching up to get to the treat. He wanted nothing to do with clawing his way up the ramp. We’ll have to see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picked up my Dexamethasone today. Tomorrow I start taking it: the day before, the day of, and the day after chemo. I’m already 190 with some edema. I’m not looking forward to swelling up any more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found out that Wendy’s now serves breakfast. And they have biscuits and gravy!

I remember heading North on Saturday mornings and stopping at the Highway Restaurant in Abrams for their biscuits and gravy. They did a mean gravy back then. I don’t know how it is now. But I love good biscuits and gravy.

Some years ago, I had to ask my sister Cuz, who was living in Tennessee at the time, how to make a good Southern gravy. I ended up having to learn how to make gravy all by myself. I found there are several tricks to it.

I’m half-tempted to run out tomorrow morning for breakfast at Wendy’s.

But, I’m off to bed now, before I walk like an Egyptian.

No comments: