Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Checking in

Hello all,

I am sorry I haven't posted/commented in awhile. I've been pretty busy, but I know that's no excuse. I truly hope no one takes it personally when I fail to respond to someone's comments or questions. I've kinda been assuming that this is "Dad's" blog, so I've been solely focusing on him and his "issues" ;-), but according to Dad, this is "our" blog, too, so I'll try to do better. Again, I hope no one takes offense. I know this is a difficult subject/situation for everyone, and we all deal with it in our own way.

You know, its kinda sad (but also not at all surprising) that a situation like a loved-one's cancer may serve to bring family members separated by distance closer together... but I've enjoyed reading comments and hearing from folks I haven't chatted with in awhile (Lorie and Cuz, to name a couple ;-)!), and kind-of meeting people I never really knew before (Nettie, Ronnie). If anyone reading this would like my individual email, who doesn't already have it, please feel free to ask Dad for it. I won't post it here since anyone can read this.... I TRY to respond to emails in a timely manner. I don't know my opinion on Dad's comments about the chemicals possibly running in our family making connections difficult or whatever, but I do know that while I sometimes am TERRIBLE at returning phone calls and emails, it does not mean I do not FEEL connected to my family, and it does not mean I appreciate their well-wishes any less. So thanks to all who have stood by my Dad and Ben and I during this difficult time.

OK, sappy moment aside.... Dad - Good Luck at the doctor's office tomorrow! I know you're starting the third round of chemo, which sucks, but hopefully we'll hear good news about the PET scan!!! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Love,

Amy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Amy! I've been having a pretty hard past few days with the fires in San Diego and my own daughter in the midst of the evacuations pending (the cousin I hope you one day get to know - you guys will LOVE each other) - and the least of which my storage unit which currently houses every memory I have of my life with my kids... Anyhoo... you're post put a definite smile on my face tonight. I thank you for that!! It was greatly needed!

Tayler is fine for now - riding her bike some 50 miles each day (having totaled her car in a near-fatal accident last March) with a scarf over her face to avoid ash and smoke inhalation. But well!!

Life certainly throws quite a few punches some times, doesn't it?

Thanks again! It meant alot. My love to you, Ben and my big brother always!!

-HB said...

I can sympathize with having to live through the fires. Ben and I only had part of one day in the smoke on our return from Florida this spring and that was more than enough. I can't imagine having to live through it for days and days. But one adjusts, and life goes on. Or else it doesn't. I believe that most of that choice is up to you, me, the individual. You know what I mean.

I don't always say it but I do love you, Lorie. I'm NOT the, what was that word, "sappy" kind of guy to say stuff like that all the time. I had to make an effort to tell my kids that I love them, because I believe that they should know and not have to infer from my actions, which might be misinterpreted sometimes. But I mean well.

So, as long as I'm being sappy this morning, have I mentioned lately how proud I am of my kids? Just checking. :-D

So, I may not say it to you often enough, but it does reside in me, always.