Monday, October 15, 2007

A New Day

Almost 180 pounds this AM. I slept fairly well last night. Mouth sores have backed off; I almost can’t feel them anymore. And I got the dishes done, finally, yesterday. Lookout, near normal, here I come!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got tired of looking at the fringe of white hair encircling my head. As more and more has fallen out, it wouldn’t lay down like it would after being cut. It gave me an appearance of permanent “bed head.” And wearing the nightcap didn't help, although it does manage to capture most of the "loss." So off it came. So, if you look at my recent photo, just erase the slight bit of white there on the right side of the photo and you’ll have what I look like, now.

After rubbing my head for a while—a new sensation for both my head and my hands—it occurred to me that this might be a good time to be nice to my scalp. You know, oils, massage, that kind of thing.

Now Ronny is a fellow practitioner; he might have some advice for me. At the same time there may be others would could suggest something else I can do that would be nice to my scalp.

Now, I thought of the obvious: aloe vera gel. I have some and may do that this morning yet. But there may be something else I wouldn’t think of.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m going to be out and about this morning, trying to get some things done that can only be done on work days, if you know what I mean. But I’ll be checking in from time to time.

Later!

10 comments:

Ronny Finnerup said...

well when i shave i like to use a brush and a nice shaving soap (block of soap) and soap it up really good and then shave with a blade you like and trust, after i like to use alo gel high % 98+ is what i normaly use, i never use alcohol on my head, also a nice unperfumed lotion to add when you have been out untill the head is used to the change in climate, when i shover i like to use a soft soap on my head again with no perfume and give it a nice massage, that can also be done with the alo gel since it takes some rubbing to get into the skin.
TTFN

Anonymous said...

You can always use the lotion I LOVE and use for everything - the generic Vitamin E goo I get at the $ store. I think we got you some when you were down here once.... I can send you some if you want... It works wonders ;-)!

-HB said...

I still have a bunch, Amy. I think I will start with that. It will require more rubbing to get it into the skin, but I've been happy with the results on my feet.

Thanks for your input too, Ronny. I will stay away from the alcohol, but I'm torn about the scent. Wit all that area, and the amount of heat put out by my bald head, I could really fumigate a room with just a little scent. I'll have to think on it for a while.

See, this is why I asked. I had forgotten all about the Vitamin E lotion until Amy mentioned it.

Anonymous said...

Give yourself a real treat and find someone ELSE to do the massaging!

-HB said...

I don't disagree that having someone else do the massaging could be nice. But at what cost?

I was "talking" to two ladies when this came up. Since I realized that I would have to be focusing on my needs, it made building a relationship, let's just say, problematic. And, unfair to her.

Anonymous said...

*blush* Considering I go to a professional for my massages that's where my thought process was going.

In fact, I had one today...head to toe!

-HB said...

A professional massage?

I lead a sheltered life. The only way I usually hear those three words, the last word is in quotes. :-)

I hope yours was nice.

Çuzanne Larson Malliett Finnerup said...

I like to read my husbands posts and see his problems with switching from danish to english. Like 'shover', he says shower but when it comes out on paper a 'v' in danish is pronounced as a 'w' so he types the sound in danish letters. I have the same problem going the other way from english to danish.

Anonymous said...

LOL....no quotes in my massage! It was very nice...even better that I bartered for it. *happy dances*

-HB said...

Cuz, my type font size is so small the when I get up in the morning and read these somments, my eyes are lucky to even see them at all. I never noticed the 'v' in shover until you pointed it out. And I make allowances for ESL folks cause I hope they make allowances for me when I try to say something in their language.

Besides, Nettie, I misunderstood because that's usually the suggestions that I hear around here, "Oh, you gotta get someone..." If you recall, when you visited last year, you had said something that I misinterpreted as "Have I got the girl for you" as I recall. We got that one straightened out, too.