Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I’m in a Hurry

I was 183 this morning, which is good. I dislike those rapid weight gains because they presage rapid weight losses, and those aren’t so good.

I went to bed about 11:30PM last night, taking my meds a little early. Was up at 6:00AM for my meds, and went back to sleep and slept until 9:00AM!!!! How cool was that? And it was fairly decent sleep as well. (Have you noticed I seem to use the phrase “as well” way too much? :-D)

I took Robin’s advice again, today, and got physically active. Thought I’d try to build a little muscle fiber. So, I was up on the roof before lunch using the leaf blower to clean out the gutters. Fastest way to clean them buggers. And I figured that if I were to fall, I wanted to do it before Ben left for work.

Of course, blowing out the gutters meant that I had leaves all over the lawn. So I started blowing and raking. I tried to do mostly raking, but by 4:00, when I still wasn’t done and had only a couple of cherry turnovers for lunch, I decided to take a break, get a meal, and reevaluate my options. I decided since the Greens weren’t here to rake for me that I was going to finish the lawn fastest and easiest by blowing the leaves.

Tomorrow, I’ll take all those leaves we had “stored” in the back when Amy was here and mowing my lawn for me, and move them to the front for pick-up! Then I’ll mow. Hopefully, mowing will go easier than raking, ‘cause I AM SORE! I’m looking at a tub of hot water as soon as I’m done here. If I haven’t fallen asleep yet, I’ll even work in a massage of the Vitamin E lotion before getting to bed early, so I can get up early. Lot’s to do tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of vitamins, apparently magnesium oxide isn’t the best form of magnesium to use for what ails me. And the brand name that the doctor prescribed, Blaine’s MagOx, disintegrates into sand and gravel in the mouth almost as soon as liquid hits it.

Yeah, I went to take my magnesium with my meal so I added my evening meds to the couple of tablets, put all of them in my mouth, took a sip of my Diet (How the heck did that happen? Gotta learn to read the labels…) Peach Tea, and suddenly I had this sand-type sensation in my mouth. Great stuff, that!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Apparently, magnesium is more important to our health than we normally hear about. We’ll hear about the need for calcium, but the cal/mag ratio is much more important. Calcium is a muscle constrictor; it can cause leg cramps and the like. Magnesium is a muscle relaxant. The body is too tense when calcium is dominant. And magnesium deficiencies can cause fatal heart attacks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found a new-to-me website put together by a health journalist dealing with, surprise, surprise, health issues! I’d read his articles before on LewRockwell.com, and had liked them, but didn’t realize the wealth of info on his site. His name is Bill Sardi and his website is called Knowledge of Health.

You have got to go out and browse. I love the way that he references almost every statement he makes. I even found out why the oncologist didn’t want me taking Vitamin C. Watch this 8 minute video. The visuals can go by pretty quick, but the info is spot on!! I remember a lot of what he references.

This article got my attention. I actually have a bottle in my grubby little hands. I WANNA TAKE IT!!!!

But read some of the other articles on cancer, too.

BTW, read the articles dealing with water. On the left, under Contents, click on the word water and read the two articles about the water you drink. Watch what he has to say about magnesium.

I love this guy! You’ll be seeing a lot more references to this site. Every time I go out there and click on an article I learn something.

Please note, the sources Mr. Sardi references are primarily Conventional Medicine sources that sometimes question what could be considered “Conventional Medical Wisdom.”

Now if I only lived in a free country where I could implement some of the things I’m learning….

Oh well, I’m off to take a bath!

3 comments:

Çuzanne Larson Malliett Finnerup said...

Visited that KH site and after reading many many things I called Ronny and talked about the magnesium. I've been having migraines... due to muscle tenison... due to stress... due to school. He thought it would be good for both of us to try, so he picked some up while he was out.

-HB said...

Good for you and Bless You, my sister! I'm always glad to help when it's something like this. You will keep us informed, won't you?

My HR contact at work had lower back muscle spasm problems. I mentioned the possiblity that magnesium can help. She sid that she is taking "some." I figured that when I found a descent article, especially by someone like Mr. Sardi, I'd pass it along to her.

The different magnesium compounds work differently. Some are more bio-available sooner than others. The oxide isn't as good as other choices, but probably cheaper. Something to look into.

Çuzanne Larson Malliett Finnerup said...

I could seem to watch the Vitamin C video.