Monday, October 29, 2007

Ever After

Just a couple of numbers whilst I still remember them: I was 197 pounds Saturday morning, 190 pounds Sunday morning, and 184 pounds this morning. How’d you like to lose weight like that? All you have to do is be up every two hours or so.

Personally, I’d prefer to sleep, but….

~~~~~~~~~

I was getting the garbage ready to go out in the morning (Ben, I remembered the stuff from the basement), Mousebane was on the window ledge watching me when he took a swipe at me with his paw. Caught me in the ear. Now, I don’t think that he drew blood, but it is somewhat strange the way he’s been acting lately. Must be the change for him. (No, not THAT change, I meant the living arrangements.)

I sometimes eat an ice cream cone in the evening to take my meds with. The other day he tried to take the cone away from me while I was sitting in the recliner. I didn’t have anywhere to go so I ended up holding it away from him. But it was still curious that he got “assertive” (?) about food.

Now, I’m not angry, just curious. Any cat whisperers out there who can explain this recent behavior?

~~~~~~~~~

I showed Ben my mouth sores last night. (He puts up with so much from me...) They ain’t purty, but they’re not hurting much this time, either. It’s not like I NEED my magic mouthwash. It just illustrates that I’m not out of the woods yet. Cells in me are still dying.

I had the pump removed today and got my WBC-building shot, so I should start feeling better. I hope that I’m not being premature, but I think I’m already bouncing back from this last bout with chemo. At least, I spent the evening in the recliner watching a movie, getting up when necessary, and not d-r-a-g-g-i-n-g my butt around when I got up. It’s a SIGN I'm telling ya!

I think that I’m going to bed soon, and see how long I can sleep tonight. I’ll pass on the midnight meds and see if I can get through night without pain. The tumor is shrinking, right. Should be less pain. Hopefully.

I also talked to the ABCMC medical records today. I already have a request in for my records, but since I found out that I can get my PET scans on CD, I’ve been wanting to post them for you. They said, maybe next week….

~~~~~~~~~

Robin, it turns out that I have seen Ever After before. I remembered the opening scene with her father, but hardly anything else. There were a few scenes that I knew that I’d seen before, but with my memory, I haven’t the foggiest as to when, or with whom, for that matter.

I’m sorry to say that it wasn’t one of Drew’s better pictures, I thought. But it was far enough away from the fairy tale that most of it came as a surprise. Not much logic to it.

A couple of favorite quotes, when Danielle (Drew) says to the ESM (evil step mom) that all she wanted was to be loved, and ESM says, “But how can one love a pebble in one’s shoe?” OK, it wasn’t a “favorite,” but at least memorable. I’d have felt the pain.

My favorite was when Danielle asked that her ESM and her ESS (evil step sister) receive the same consideration that they had shown her. I’ve had this thing about the Golden Rule lately.

I liked seeing the chateaus and the French countryside. I was also pleased to recognize Loreena McKennitt’s Mummer’s Dance in the movie trailer. Different culture, but, hey, they’re all European, right?

That’s it; I’m off to bed. Hopefully I’ll feel enough better that I can get a few things done tomorrow.

No comments: