Sunday, September 2, 2007

Work Day -Update

Actually, things went pretty well today. Much better than expected. Maybe I'm getting the dosing schedule right. Speaking of which, got a call from Cuz today and we discussed the Carafate, among other things.

Now, I can't eat two hours before taking it or one hour after. That's three hours per dose that I can't eat. At four doses per day, that's twelve hours I CAN'T EAT! I thought the whole idea was to get me eating again! Subtract the eight hours I try to sleep and that leaves only four hours per day to eat. Factor in the fact that I'm at work and have little control over my time there, and that makes eating kinda difficult. But I guess I can still drink the four Ensures my doctor wants me to drink, though.

I stopped at Arby's today to get a Beef and Cheddar just to see if I could eat one. Not my first choice, but it was all my circumstances allowed for. It took me a little while to eat it, but I ended up eating the whole thing within my hour time frame. "I can't believe I ate the whole thing." (What commercial was that from?) And without serious discomfort, just some minor stuff.

Anyway, I felt pretty good about that. Has to be the first time I've eaten that much at one time in a long time. We're talking months, here.

Maybe Nettie's suggestion about the schedule is required for at work. I could post it in the truck, right there on the front window so I won't miss it. Yeh, that's the idea! That'll work!

My back felt pretty good all day as well. The truck I drive happens to have a pretty good seat. Not all our drivers fare as well, unfortunately. But the Vicodin certainly helped with the radiated back pain.

So, all in all, it was a good day. Therefore, I'm expecting tomorrow to go as well.

Well, it's been an hour since I took my last dose of the Carafate so I can take my next dose of Vicodin with a little something before I go to bed. I was up early this AM as well. I see I posted before my alarm went off at 4:00AM.

I must be off. See you later!

No comments: