Saturday, September 1, 2007

Penalties to Pay

Apparently there are penalties to pay for having food after a long period of only drinking Ensure. I had trouble sleeping because of the rumbling sounds coming from my abdomen. It was strange. (Ben, it was like your stomach in the doctor's office, all night long.)

In addition, or because of, I had strange dreams about loud music and needles. Robin, you must be rubbing off on me. I was walking around with a handful of "sharps" trying to find somewhere I could dispose of them. And someone kept turning the music up loud. As I said, weird!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today, I'm going to a Fiesta. I may even be able to eat there!! Me gusta la comida mexicana! (I like Mexican food! (Although McDonald's breakfast burritos don't really qualify...))

Tengo un amigo de Mexico. (I have a Mexican friend.) One of several, really, but this friend has been over several times with his two beautiful daughters to play in my back yard. Well, the girls get to play, but we get to help.

The last time he was over with his oldest girl, I set up the chair swing I mentioned in an earlier post. Boy, did she have fun! She brought tears to my eyes when she started calling me "uncle."

So, to make things even better for such a nice little girl and her younger sister, I positioned the rope higher in the tree. I'm guessing 25 - 30 feet. It really has a long swing arc now! Ask Ben!

Anyway, mi amigo emailed me to let me know that he wouldn't be able to come over today. He was going to a Baptism for his friend's daughter. Now, I know this friend; we've had several discussions. He works at the same place as my friend but on second shift. It was at their work where I met these guys.

So, I got invited to the Fiesta. I'm looking forward to meeting this acquaintance again, seeing his baby girl,--if you know me at all, you should know how I am with babies and little kids. I can't get enough--meeting his esposa, his wife, and of course, seeing my friend and his family again.

Amy, I looked through your phrase book but they didn't have anything in there for fiestas. But, I'll take mi diccionario anyway!

Hasta luego! (Until later!)

No comments: