Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Minor Surgery

OK, today I go in for some (hopefully) minor surgery to implant a vein access port under the skin so the docs don't wear out my veins during chemotherapy. I go under the knife about 8:30AM and should be getting out about 11:30.

I'll be talking to my son about his ability to post to this blog on the way into the hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nettie, I really have to thank you for the suggestion concerning medication dosing in the middle of the night. It seems counterproductive to set an alarm in the middle of the night, but I've gotten better sleep the last two nights than I did before. Thank you.

Now, you see, this is why I started this blog. Some of you folks out there have experience that I don't have. But, I'm willing to learn, if you will just share with me and everyone else who reads these words.

Another example, my son came over the other day unwrapping a roll of Vitamin C tablets. Chewable Vitamin C!! I had been obsessing lately because I have given up all my vitamins because my stomach doesn't tolerate pills very well. And I need Vitamin C. So guess who now has a couple of rolls of chewable Vitamin C. I can still learn new tricks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meals didn't go as well as I would have liked, yesterday. Maybe my hopes were too high, or maybe there's a sequence to it that I haven't figured out yet. But I need to be careful eating while driving, at least until I know how the stomach will tolerate the food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ronny, I can see what you meant about the Vicodin. When I'm driving, when I'm concentrating, I'm fine; no problems. But when the pressure is off and I'm just reading a book or something over lunch, the mind does want to start wandering. Or when I'm taking a bath, it's way too easy to fall asleep. So the point is---FOCUS!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've added some pics to my otherwise dry words, so if you haven't seen them, take some time to page back and check them out. I've also added a current photo along with the photo I posted from last year to the top of the blog. You get to see how my face has changed to date. After all my hair falls out, I'll post another one.

And, as usual, any comments, suggestions, complaints, etc. are always welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're very welcome. I'm glad I could be helpful even from this distance.