Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Help me feel the joy through the pain

Hello all,

I want to sincerely thank everyone who has stood by my father, Ben and I through this very difficult time. You are all loved dearly by my father, and for that reason alone you are very important to me. I know one of the hardest things for Dad to handle throughout his illness was his knowledge that it was so hurting the ones who love him, to see him suffer and struggle and hurt. It truly pained him to know that his suffering was hurting us, but I hope that also means that he felt very loved, respected, and valued by so many.

Like Ben, I cannot really imagine my world without him. I am trying to keep thinking of all the good in him, all the good he instilled in me, but right now all I feel is hurt. There is a gaping hole inside of me that I'm sure will never heal. Many wise people have told me it will, but at this moment, it is so hard to believe.

Thank you all so very much for your love and support. No matter what Ben and I have been feeling in this ordeal, we have NEVER felt alone because of all of you who love my father.

Amy Malliett

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear the echo ~~ "whaddya gonna do?"

Although he'll remain "Shrek" for me, Amy/Ben, if Alf is around would you put him with your dad for me.

When the time is right, please reach out...

My heart says he had millions of "sweet dreams" last night with many more to follow.

Benjamin said...

Alf is around. I'll prepare him for his journey.

Anonymous said...

Here I am on a cruise in the Carribean and yet you're all in my thoughts. I hope you're all turning to each other for comfort and remembering the good times.

Anonymous said...

Every time that I would talk with Hal,my ex, my friend, my childrens' father, he would end the conversation with "I'll talk to you later", or "see ya", or something like that, before he said goodbye.
We always kept in contact, for we were parents together, friends, and often, his favorite thing, debaters. I will remember all that he said, cherish the friendship and the good marraige years and the children.
The children are my miracle babies, and Hal has been the other half of creating this miracle since the start. When I look at them, I will always see the gestures and mannerisms that remind me of Hal and remember my endless gratitude for these wonderful, beautiful grown creatures that were once our babies.
I will take Hals' lead, as I have so very often in the past, and say to him "talk to you later" and then "see ya", for that is my prayer, to debate and talk with him yet again, and to go to where he is now.

All mine, KMMK