Tuesday, April 1, 2008

False Positives?

Apparently, the PET Scans can exhibit false positives:

"As well, false positive results may occur in the presence of active inflammation or infection, since white blood cells that mediate the inflammatory process take up glucose at a high rate."

"False positive scans can occur because of metabolically active tissue taking up the tracer FDG in high concentrations. This may be seen post operatively, in a focus of infection or inflammation."

So let's see, on April 19, 2004 at 5:19 AM I get run into by a spotting truck injuring my left hip joint. Most every time I get inflammation, possibly arthritic inflammation, that joint causes me pain.

My last PET Scan, taken on March 21 of this year, was during such a flare up! That particular black spot on the image to the right of my bladder--my left side in real life--may not be cancer at all, but the indications of severe inflammation. Feels like inflammation and tendonitis!

The doctors have me believing that this is bone cancer. Shouldn't they be telling me that this may just be a reaction to the inflammation?????

If you want to be afraid, talk to the folks that want to control you, for whatever reason. If you want to live with less fear, learn to think for yourself! As Epictetus said, "Only the educated are free."

Kunolunkwa, y te quiero!

1 comment:

-HB said...

And here I forgot to mention that they wanted me to undergo a course of radiation therapy on that left hip joint!

It's only kinda important to the entire scheme of things. It speaks to motive!