Friday, March 21, 2008

Real Moody Today For Some Reason

I was up after midnight but still got up at 6:00 for my 7:15 PET Scan appointment. So I’ve been tired all day. I even fell asleep on the table.

The procedure went well, other than falling asleep. The technician was rather talkative as he showed me back toward the familiar sections of the facility. Now, I don’t want to be reading too much into this, based on a sample size of 4 scans, but it may bode well for the results on Monday. He was talkative back when the diagnosis was “Dramatic Improvement.”

~~~~~~~~~

I stopped by Wendy’s on the way home to try and use up my gift cards. Thank you, BTW! You know who you are!!!!

I’m always complaining about the graduates of the government schools. The dropouts almost always seem to do better. Why is that? Even back when I was a kid there was a saying that A-students went on to teach, while B-students ended up working for C-students.

But you’d figure that an order taker/ assistant manager would know how to handle gift cards. I received two cards. The first had already been used so I know it worked and still has some credit on it; the other card hasn’t been touched at all. When I offered the first card I was told that the card had been declined. The same explanation came when I tried to use the second card. Looking at the receipts offered to me to prove that the card had been declined I read “Invalid user ID/pswd.”

What would that tell you? The user of that little card reader couldn’t input their ID and password correctly. Yet they made it sound like I tried to rip them off with using bogus cards. And this was the ranking person in the restaurant.

Imagine what would have happened if I had only those cards to pay for my order! Just one more reason I don't trust digital cash.

At least this time I got a decent amount of gravy. Although I am a fan, now, of the B&G, the breakfast burrito isn’t very good at all! The way the restaurant is run leaves something to be desired. I remember when Wendy's was a step up from the rest of the fast foods. Now, the food is barely any better, just more expensive.

~~~~~~~~~

I got home and lay down for a while. Then I got back up and drove over to mi amiga’s house and got to play with her daughter, Daniela, for a couple of hours. Her daddy was there and printed out a calendar with her photo, and a page of other photos, for me to have. No, he’s not proud at all! :-)

She is so cute, though. Six months old last week, standing up pretty well while hanging on to something, and getting ready to cut some teeth; I want one!!!

If I ever get my scanner working, I’ll put her pics in my computer. I did get a video of her making funny fussing noises for some reason. I need to get that into the computer; it wouldn’t work in my handheld. I wonder if it will work in my iPod.

Is it strange that I go to my friend’s house, play with her daughter, and spend most of the rest of my time talking to the proud papa? Well, they are latinos after all… No se!

~~~~~~~~~

Stopped to grab a couple of staples at the store, and could barely walk out afterward. Obviously, I had overstayed my pain and anti-inflammatory meds. Been that way the rest of the day.

So, is it the pain meds, the anti-inflammatory meds, the meds given for the PET Scan, and the lack of sleep responsible for my run down, drug out mood? Don’t know. Moods are funny that way.

I thought it funny when I ran across a Pisces bookmark I purchased in Ybor City, Florida, a year or two ago. One comment about the personality of a Pisces was “Self-pitying when low.” Haven’t checked lately but I must be at least a quart low about now.

Kunolunkwa, y te quiero!