Monday, March 24, 2008

Ain’t Gonna Say A Whole Lot…

…tonight; I’ll need some time to digest what I’ve heard today. I hope that you’re sitting down!

The cancer has spread big time! It’s all over my body. That hip joint issue—cancer. There is cancer in the liver and lungs and just all over. And the hip issue just started the last couple of weeks. Hmmmmm.

The times of three to six months were bandied about today.

I wondered what was up when Dr. Himmy “got sick.” And I wondered when Nurse Beth was invited to join in my consultation. I still don’t know why she was there, though.

But it looks like I’d better use up my gift cards pretty quick—I had a Caesar Salad tonight and it took them forever to run the gift cards through—before I expire! :-) And, again, I do appreciate the thought behind the gift cards.

But I did get some more Packer Candy, tonight. The current stuff and the NSAID just aren’t handling the pain. The doc wants me to limit using that hip joint. He has ordered me to ride the cane for right now, and using my handicap sticker. I will be even more groggy, and might even need to rent a wheelchair. I may even move the computer back into the bedroom. And I just got most of the paperwork off the floor in the office!!!!

I also have to see another doctor tomorrow bright and early so it looks like I can‘t get too reacquainted with my old friends Ron Bacardi and Jose Quervo tonight. This doc will tell me what they have to do to my joint to provide some “Quality of Life.”

I’ve been wondering what was going on because I’ve been making mistakes on my Sudoku puzzles lately. I got into one that said it was quick and easy and it took 45 minutes for me to finish. But even some of the old standbys have taken way too long to finish. I guess that’s in keeping with what’s going on though. My thought process has been messing up; I figured it was just me.

Before you get too upset, there are a couple of things that we’ll try. Amy, the doc said that he’d get the paperwork back to me very soon, maybe even tomorrow. So, we can get started on that vaccine.

I’d still like to get a second opinion at HLM. I was hoping that I’d be in better shape so that I could enjoy a trip to Florida, but it looks like that’s not gonna happen.

And BTW, just so’s you know, I’m not concerned about dying. It’s all a part of life. And ever since I did get run over by a spotting truck, I have been kinda wondering about it. One of these days I’ll tell you all about it.

So, I’m going to post this and make a few calls. Kunolunkwa, y te quiero!

8 comments:

Çuzanne Larson Malliett Finnerup said...

It must have been hard for you to write this post. I know I had a hard time reading it. But it's good that you still have a few things to try.
Every problem has a gift for you in its hands.
-Richard Bach

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to read this, Ben. Is there anything I can do for you or your kids?

-HB said...

The nice thing about the blog is that you get to digest the post and respond at your own speed. Some folks take longer to respond than others.

Poor Nanncy had to respond to me the minute she learned about my situation. Not a very nice thing for me to do, but I felt it was necessary to let her know.

And you've changed your pic!

Nettie, thank you for your very kind and generous offer. I've spoken with Amy today about it and she couldn't come up with any suggestions. Being the stubborn kind of guy that I am, I couldn't think of anything either. Lack of practice, I guess.

But it's starting to get to the point I'm going to have to worry about the yard. I have flowers poking their leaves out of the ground all around the house. Then starts the raking, and the mowing, and all that fun. :-) Think about it!!! :-D

Anonymous said...

"But it's starting to get to the point I'm going to have to worry about the yard. I have flowers poking their leaves out of the ground all around the house. Then starts the raking, and the mowing, and all that fun. :-) Think about it!!! :-D"
Darn! I attended an FFA Labor Auction tonight and could have bid on one of the kids for your yard work had I only known! *grin*

Anonymous said...

NO.....NO.....NO.....NO.....I don't accept it!

Tell those doctors to turn their sorry-butts around, go back to the drawing board and find the right solution!

As for you not being "concerned about dying", well I AM afraid of YOU dying. And yes, this comment is all about me! -selfish moment

-HB said...

Nettie, as Ben said, shipping and handling would probably be considerable! Just the soda alone.... :-D

Robin, we're all allowed our selfish moments every now and again, so you go right ahead and indulge!

As for turning the doctors around, I'm afraid you're going to have to do that. I've been pointing out how the government pokes its nose into the medical field and ends up doing the bidding of the big healthcare businesses.

I directed your attention to how the government solved the original healthcare crisis, http://hbensblog.blogspot.com/2008/01/how-government-solved-health-care.html, by screwing up the system to what we have these days. And then they want the opportunity to fix it? Bob LeFevre once said that government is a disease masquerading as its own cure!

In my blog I started talking about a guy back in the 1940s that had developed a cure for cancer, according to quite a few respectable doctors of the day, but then he was driven out of business because he wouldn't "share" the take with the head of the AMA.

Rather than allow these folks the chance to prove themselves, the government attempts to shut them down. And with your tax money, the government has the considerable wherewithal to successfully overwhelm most small entrepreneur’s resources without even going to trial.

I've tried to point out that everyone, as a juror, has a 1000-year-old right to tell the legislators and the judges that their laws stink and you just ain't gonna convict someone because of their stupid laws.

My very own local naturopath was brought up on charges even though NONE of his patients complained. He was providing great service, BUT he didn't march to the beat of the AMA's drum! So they tried to shut him down.

One of the signers of the Unanimous Consent document, otherwise known as the Declaration of Independence, Dr. Benjamin Rush, is reported to have put it rather bluntly, "Unless we put medical freedom into the Constitution, the time will come when medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship to restrict the art of healing to one class of men and deny equal privileges to others: The Constitution of this Republic should make a special privilege for medical freedom as well as religious freedom." I believe in the "separation of Medicine and State."

Of course, even the Supreme Court has trouble understanding what "shall not be infringed" means, so I can just see them trying to deal with "medical freedom."

Now, you know how stubborn I am; as I recall, the name 'Shrek' has been associated with my name. Although I am not "concerned" about dying, I didn't say that I'd jump at the chance. I'd like to stick around long enough for me to be able to say, "I told you so!!!" But it looks like I can do that right now in quite a few too many cases! But I'm still waiting for folks to make me proud and prove me wrong!

So thanks for the opportunity for me to get some of this off my chest! If you need any more help in coping, please let me know! :-)

Çuzanne Larson Malliett Finnerup said...

I changed my pic because I got a new hairdo when I was in TN.

-HB said...

Well I hadn't seen it since you left TN and headed home from Chicago and never got back up this way.

All I know is that the computer considers your pic to be unsecure so it always asks me if I want to display it! LOL!

Not just your pic, but anyone's pic, just so that we're clear on that! I don't need you feeling hurt cause my computer doesn't like your hairdo! :-)

And BTW, Nettie, the robins have showed their red breasts around my yard. That means after they get their tails snowed on three more times we'll have spring!!!!!!!!!!