Sunday, February 17, 2008

Thoughts on the Police

I started out this afternoon to put down some thoughts I had bouncing around in my mind, such as it is. Then I realized that I really didn’t want to give up my Fifth Amendment rights, so I had to discontinue that line of thought. Did you know that the police will read your blogs and MySpace accounts looking for evidence of crimes, if you are a “person of interest?” And one never knows when they will become a POI.

I see that I haven’t posted anything about Amy’s friend, Brian, who was sorely mistreated by the “po po.” The deputy did finally get arrested and booked at the Orient Road jail and released on bail. Way to go Brian!! I hope that they treated her better than she treated Brian.

But there are a lot more abuses going on out there. Here’s a sampling:

Are you sick yet?

There are two types of laws in this country: malum in se and malum prohibitum. Malum in se refers to an act that is wrong in itself, things like murder, rape, and theft. Malum prohibitum refers to an act that is prohibited by statute, not because it is wrong in and of itself, like driving on the left hand side of the road here in the States.

Our police used to be considered Peace Officers; they were here to protect us from folks intent on committing mala in se (plural). Over the years they changed into Law Enforcement Officers intent on enforcing things that were mala prohibita (again, plural). Why?

I think Ayn Rand hit the nail on the head when she said, “There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible to live without breaking laws.”

I tried to find a recording on the Internet today by Jinx Dawson from the group, Coven, entitled One Tin Soldier from the movie, Billy Jack. I ended running through my copy of the movie to see if I could record it from there. Looks like I’ll have to put up with some movie background noise. But a comment Billy made while I was browsing through the movie came thundering down on me today. He said, “When the police break the law, then there is no law, just a fight for survival.”

I gotta get to bed. I have chemo bright and early tomorrow morning and then radiation. And this HTML took longer than I thought!

Kunolunkwa, y te quireo! And don’t forget about your jury rights!! It's one of the few ways you can protect your fellow individuals from police abuses.

"As a juror, I will exercise my 1000-year-old duty to arrive at a verdict, not just on the basis of the facts of a particular case, or instructions I am given, but through my power to reason, my knowledge of the Bill of Rights, and my individual conscience. When needful, I will judge the law itself." -L. Neil Smith

No comments: