Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Starting Week 4 of Radiation

I actually woke up hungry this morning. However, being out of practice when it comes to eating, I just drank an Ensure.

I’ve stopped the pain meds again. It no longer makes sense to take them. The stomach doesn’t react with the same level of pain it did a while ago. It is interesting to note that I didn’t sleep as well without the pain meds. It is strange that I do get my hiccups with belches included, and I can have some pain when I yawn. Have to talk to the doc on Friday.

I see where Heath Ledger was taking much the same meds as I have been, except for the anti-depression meds. I haven’t had those yet. Although he didn’t OD on any one drug, the combinations did him in. That’s why I try to stay away from as much as I can.

It’s been interesting to watch the Site Meter traffic lately. I got a hit from Georgia looking for some info I haven’t posted yet. I had to stop and think about whether or not I had. But it is a post I’m working on. And I got a hit from a computer where no information was available at all, looking for info on INRs and radiation. Curious.

My fatigue level has improved somewhat. My legs were not as week as they have been, but my arms are still pretty weak. “There’s a whole lotta shakin’ goin’ on!” I mentioned to RT Paula that I had finally ordered a temporary handicap permit, and she said that was good because my fatigue level would get worse with 3 weeks of radiation to go.

So I did “ride the recliner” for a while today instead of spending all day in bed. There was stuff that I wanted to do, but I had to choose between feeling good and feeling good, if you know what I mean.

As a side note, I had talked to RTs Paula and Amy about Vince Vance and the Valiants and Lisa Layne’s version of All I Want For Christmas Is You. They sounded interested so I burned the song for them to listen to on their stereo. RT Paula loves Lisa Layne!! She took the disc home and listened in the car with the sound turned up. She really likes LL. Asked me if she had other albums out. Apparently she has three of her own out.

Kunolunkwa y te quiero!

"As a juror, I will exercise my 1000-year-old duty to arrive at a verdict, not just on the basis of the facts of a particular case, or instructions I am given, but through my power to reason, my knowledge of the Bill of Rights, and my individual conscience. When needful, I will judge the law itself." -L. Neil Smith

No comments: