Thursday, February 7, 2008

One Of Those Days

I’m sure that you’ve all had one of those days, right? Not really “sick” sick, just not feeling real well. If you had your "druthers," you’d rather not go in to work. And when you get there, you just feel like you can‘t think. Yet they expect you to DO SOMETHING.

That’s about how I felt today.

So what did I decide to do "just to do something?" My taxes. Except for a couple of years where I needed help, I’ve always done my own taxes. This year was no exception. But having to try and understand all that double talk was just too much. My head hurts, but I got it done.

Oh, don’t worry. I’ll go back over everything tomorrow to double check myself. But I’m amazed at how much I didn’t make this year. Try taking four months off sometime and see how that affects your bottom line.

I watched some Selena music videos before running off to radiation therapy today. It was the first time I had the DVD player fired up in a while.

Speaking of Lisa Layne, I even checked on Lisa Layne videos on YouTube to try and decompress from all that government gobbledygook. Nice looking girl! And what a voice!! But check out Vince Vance’s hairdo! Hey, it made him famous! Whatever works!

So I decided that I’m gonna watch a movie tonight. I decided on Road House with Patrick Swayze and Kelly Lynch. I haven’t seen it for a while and the music will really, really, help.

Kunolunkwa, y te quiero!

"As a juror, I will exercise my 1000-year-old duty to arrive at a verdict, not just on the basis of the facts of a particular case, or instructions I am given, but through my power to reason, my knowledge of the Bill of Rights, and my individual conscience. When needful, I will judge the law itself." -L. Neil Smith

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, not that my suffering would help you feel better at all, and I know this would NEVER compare to what you're going through, but maybe your malaise today was sympathy suffering for me. I had my FIRST root canal this morning!!! Now, I've never freaked about the dentist, but it wasn't very fun. The tooth didn't hurt; they numbed me well enough. But MAN did the rest of my face and head hurt. Still does!! I didn't really understand why, if they take the root out of the tooth so it doesn't hurt, why would he give me a script for vicodin? Well, now I know. And no, i haven't filled the script and probably won't, unless I REALLY need to. Chewing would kill, so I think I'll be doing liquid diet for a few days, too.

So, I layed around the house a bunch today, watching Animal Planet, probably at the exact same time you were "riding the recliner" ;-).

Well, enough of my little pity party. I hope you're feeling better tomorrow. Congrats on getting your taxes done. I paid someone to do mine. I don't want that headache ;-).

-HB said...

My condolences, mi hija! While I had four impacted wisdom teeth removed at once, it was in a hospital under general sedation and not under a local in a dentist's chair. I can't imagine how that must feel.

But, as Robin once said, a pity party every now and again can't hurt too much, or words to that effect. So you go ahead and enjoy. I know I will.

Talking with Ben after he got home, I noticed my finger nails have "hash marks" across them, four distinct bands where the nail was affected during growth. We figure it was the first four sets of chemo. They haven't grown out far enough to see the rest of the damage, yet.

I was RTR just before leaving for RT, so it was around Noon, my time.

And I liked seeing Road House again although I still say Kelly Lynch runs like a girl. But for some reason, the music always seems to give me a lift. At least until I had to get up after watching the video. (This is phase two of my pity party.)

Talking with Ben I realized why Road House was on my mind. I have to give my birthdate before each procedure at the clinic. I don't like to broadcast it where folks can overhear, so I usually dig out my driver's license. Today, RT Amy said that she could never be a bouncer because she always has trouble finding the birthdate on the license. I guess that reference to being a bouncer stayed with me and affected my subconscious.

At least I'm not in pain much; I'm just usually fatigued out of my mind. And the chemo brain doesn't help, either. So, again, my sympathies, and if you do need the Packer Candy, don't hold back. RT Paula told me to stay ahead of the pain because in my condition, if I let the pain get ahead, it will be hard to get back even again. So, from her lips to your ears!

It's time for bed. I hope that you sleep well, mi hija!

Anonymous said...

Can I join the pity party? I feel a cold coming on. Not something I need when I'm going to have the grandbabies tomorrow for the night. Nor when I'm going to go back to watching them full time beginning Monday. I'm taking the neighbor lady running today so I think I'll pick up some of those zinc losenges while we're out.

Amy...I've been in your shoes and had the same questions about how their could be SO much pain when the nerve had been removed. I didn't hesitate taking the PC. I hope I NEVER experience pain like that again! I'd rather give birth.

Anonymous said...

Amy - I too can relate to the wisdom tooth procedure. Years ago, I was in the chair first thing in the morning (had to go to work directly following). When I was leaving, I pulled out my lipstick (remember, headed to work), I got in the car and did the usual female "check in the mirror" only to realize I had smeared the lipstick just about everywhere BUT my lips! And when I was laughing at myself, I realized the numb side of my face wasn't moving - which made me laugh all the harder.

-HB said...

Robin, ROTFLMAO!! I can just see that! Thanks for that laugh and that visual.

It reminds of the other day when Teo was over with his six-year-old daughter, Angelina. When she came in the house I thought her face must be frozen, it was so red. Turns out she had been "practicing" with red lip stick. When she wiped it off, it had smeared all around her mouth. What's a father to do?

She hit the bathroom probably ten times that day trying to make herself look presentable. Now you know why Heinlein said that "little girls and butterflies need no excuse." You just gotta love 'em.

Çuzanne Larson Malliett Finnerup said...

What a hair style on Vince (shake) That's an unusual way to try to cover a recieding hairline.

-HB said...

What receeding hairline? ;-)