Saturday, February 2, 2008

Perhaps I Need to Apologize…

…for not being clear enough about the pain I am experiencing and subsequently taking pain meds for.

I do not have ‘severe’ pain like a broken ankle; I have more of a ‘chronic’ pain, like an un-healing blister or a cut on the ball of my foot. It doesn’t prevent me from walking, but it does produce a noticeable limp. I call it a ‘behavioral response modifier.’ The pain causes my behavior to change to try to avoid it. But since it can have several different causes, I don’t know which way to turn to avoid the pain. And that’s what is distressing.

So I tried an experiment today. I made one of my “warmer” breakfasts today. Stir-fried onion with a spicy sausage patty chopped up and two eggs scrambled into that mess, with dark soy sauce and Sriracha sauce mixed in at the end. After seasoning, a slice of Velveeta cheese is melted on top. Were I feeling more ambitious, a chunky medium heat salsa would also be added to the plate!

OK, so I like it warm!

Since my mouth and throat haven’t encountered too much in the way of ‘heat’ lately, they were a little concerned about the spice. But my stomach didn’t complain at all!!! That would tell me that I don’t have any ulcer-like damage to my stomach lining. But I would have guessed that. I did guess that; otherwise I would have been in pain today. :-D

With the other chemo treatments, the tumor would stop hurting after a couple days of ‘irritation.’ I’d get hiccups for a day or two, some strange feelings in the area, but then the pain would go away.

It hasn’t been that way with this type of chemo treatment. I’ve had two treatments so far (third one next Tuesday) and the pain is still with me.

The radiation therapy is still an unknown to me, no historical data for me to refer to, so I don’t know what’s going on. I don’t know how to treat it.

And, I’m still pretty fatigued. But I did sleep in today, which was nice. I figure any energy I can save will help in the long run.

Kunolunkwa! You know, just out of curiosity, I just did a Google search on kunolunkwa. Either we’ve misspelled it Dee, or I’m the only one using it on the entire Internet! LOL

"As a juror, I will exercise my 1000-year-old duty to arrive at a verdict, not just on the basis of the facts of a particular case, or instructions I am given, but through my power to reason, my knowledge of the Bill of Rights, and my individual conscience. When needful, I will judge the law itself." -L. Neil Smith

No comments: