Friday, February 15, 2008

It Has To Be Hard…

…on my son, Ben. He gets to get up in the morning, see me feeling crappy and very fatigued, watches me leave driving myself to Radiation Therapy, and then goes to work himself, not knowing if I made it home, or if I did make it home, how I survived the day. He has to wait until he gets home to see if I survived my fatigue.

And considering I’m not in the best of moods lately, being fatigued, I haven’t played much with Mousebane, which has to bother Ben as well. M-b wants attention and I’m inconsiderate enough that I’m focusing on myself and trying to feel better, and don’t pay as much attention to him.

It’s gotta be hard.

~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of feeling better, I haven’t heard back from the doctor on why I felt as good as I did on Monday and Tuesday. Or about my supplements. Maybe Monday.

And yes, I do have appointments scheduled for Monday. They kept me kinda late on Monday and the front desk folks were gone. Good thing they have computers to cover for their lack of attention to detail!!

~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of foul moods, this week it apparently waited until the end of the week instead of happening right away. I’ve had several situations while driving that haven’t helped my mood. And they weren’t my fault.

Yesterday, I had one idio—oops, starting to sound like kd—one mentally-challenged driver turn left in front of me from the RIGHT lane. I had to lock ‘em up in the middle of the intersection, but I missed them quite nicely, thank you! I always expect the unexpected from the other driver. I watch to see how competently they drive and adjust my driving accordingly. I was waiting for something like this to happen from this driver. I wasn’t disappointed.

Then today, I was entering the highway on one of those entrance ramps that turns into a lane which then exits right away. I was ahead of the driver in the next lane and signaled my intentions to get out of the exiting lane and into their lane. She sped up. I was already doing the speed limit, which is 65, and she speeds up.

I’m running out of highway, she had no one along side of her, while I had folks behind me, and SHE SPEEDS UP to get in front of me! I was doing 80 before I finally got to pull in front of her.

THEN, when I went to make the turn into my drive, there was a bunch of traffic. It happens when you live on one of the main streets. So, some old guy thought he’d be nice and let me turn in front of him. The only problem was, there were folks behind him, wondering why he was stopping with no one in front of him, and preparing to drive around him in the other lane.

Had he not stopped, I would have been able to make it across the two lanes of traffic right behind him. But he slowed down and stopped, allowing the rest of the traffic to catch up with him.

This is how people get killed. He wants to be a nice guy and changes the rules of the road. No one else knows what the heck he is doing. Well, almost no one. With his SUV, only another one, like me, can see behind or around him to know that there is traffic coming up on the other side of him in “my” blind spot. And he didn’t think to check. Someone who is used to doing what someone else tells them to do would start to make the turn, only to get hit in the side.

Just follow the rules of the road folks, and we’ll all live a lot longer! And I won’t be in such a foul mood.

Kunolunkwa, y te quiero!

"As a juror, I will exercise my 1000-year-old duty to arrive at a verdict, not just on the basis of the facts of a particular case, or instructions I am given, but through my power to reason, my knowledge of the Bill of Rights, and my individual conscience. When needful, I will judge the law itself." -L. Neil Smith

2 comments:

Çuzanne Larson Malliett Finnerup said...

It's ok everyone gets frustrated with drivers on the road from time to time.
I'm sure Ben does have it hard with the daily unknowns. On the other note, I would guess that Ben understands that you will give mousebane attention when you can, that is when you feel up to it.
You have great kids there!

-HB said...

I will agree that I do have great kids. You mean I haven't said that lately? Mea Culpa!