Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"Thinking of You"

I got a card from the hospital today, wishing me comfort, peace, and hope. There were five signatures, three of which were HUCs. I had to look that up ‘cause I didn’t know what a health unit coordinator was. As it was, I didn’t recognize any of the names. It was a nice gesture, but it would have helped had I had contact with the people who signed the card. *sigh*

I was also hoping to learn the name of that nurse on nights! :-)

I started to make good on a promise elsewhere. I started to reread Glory Road by Robert Heinlein. I’m just about halfway through. I’m surprised by how much I’d forgotten although I’m remembering quite a bit. It’s funny what you mind forgets. Now, it’s been decades since I read this, but I can’t see how I ever thought that this book was a “juvenile!”

I had Ben mail some bills for me today. I did get up later and walk across the street so I guess I could have mailed them myself. I’m still moving slow with some pain in the right leg. Maybe another clot?

I still have the cough so it should be interesting tomorrow during radiation. And did I mention that I’m back on soft food? I guess that stomach tumor just doesn’t like to share its living quarters with solid food. So, back to warm soups.

Got an email from my HR person today. She finally took my advice about curamin and she says that it is helping some. I told her that she has to build up a level in her blood before it really becomes effective. I also told her to make sure she’s getting enough magnesium. That’s one “take-away” I’m glad I got from all this clinic stuff.

She also mentioned that her mother-in-law passed away on the ninth. They had told her that she had 4-6 months on the third of this month. At 78, I believe, it looks like she didn’t want to stick around for the fight. I do know the feeling after having been so sick for so long. Pero, yo soy testarudo!! I’m stubborn!! So I have that working for me.

Gonna stop now and try to get more reading in before Ben comes home.

"As a juror, I will exercise my 1000-year-old duty to arrive at a verdict, not just on the basis of the facts of a particular case, or instructions I am given, but through my power to reason, my knowledge of the Bill of Rights, and my individual conscience. When needful, I will judge the law itself." -L. Neil Smith

No comments: