Sunday, January 6, 2008

I Know, I Know...

I should post something, but I feel like crap. Don't wanna play with anyone right now. I've been coughing a lot and running a fever, at least for me. At one point I was up to 100.5 but usually I'm around 99. I realize that for you folks that may be normal, but for me, I usually run about two degrees lower than you folks. And they say it's not my thyroid!

Ben raised a concern over my digital thermometer, so I dug out my old-fashioned mercury-filled glass thermometer. They were within 2-3 tenths of a degree. Ain't the thermometer!

I'll be going in tomorrow to consult about my clot. Maybe I can stop giving myself injections with bent needle tips; hurt going in, hurt worse coming out! There was only one like that, but how many do you need to make you needle shy?

It seems that Oscar and I are "Brothers of the Lovenox." That's what he was getting in the hospital only his wife, Deanna, gave him his shots after he got home. He said that Dee gave a better shot than the nurses!!

I've found out about a bunch of stuff that absolutely frosts my cookies, like I might have to be on a proton-pump-inhibitor permanently because they have kept me on a double dose of Protonix for way too long! And here I was worried about liver damage.

Radiation starts Wednesday and another round of Chemo starts Friday. Don't know yet what poisons they'll put in me then. Hopefully, I'll get what little hair I have back.

Saw a friend from The Sweatshop in the store yesterday; he didn't recognize me! But we did get a chance to talk a little which was nice.

OK, that's it for now, I'm gonna vegg out and watch a movie so I won't fall asleep too early. I've found that I can do almost everything from my bed except cook my meals. I brought the computer in and can surf the net or watch HD movies on my laptop. I could bring up my cooler/refrigerator from my OTR days and keep food right here. With all the camp stoves I must have, surely I could cook here in my bedroom, right?

Maybe later. Right now you have to remember that "As a juror, I will exercise my 1000-year-old duty to arrive at a verdict, not just on the basis of the facts of a particular case, or instructions I am given, but through my power to reason, my knowledge of the Bill of Rights, and my individual conscience. When needful, I will judge the law itself." -L. Neil Smith

Anybody actually go out and check out the link, or am I just blowing smoke up your skirt? Enquiring minds want to know. :-D

4 comments:

Warren Bluhm said...

Visited and bookmarked! So there.

-HB said...

Thanks, Warren! It's good to know that SOMEONE is listening. Although I would have thought that you should have known about this years ago. Maybe I'm not doing my job well enough.

But it is important for people to know and to pass on, because they ain't gonna teach it in government schools.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. You'd given me that link ages ago. I never thought about making a comment about it. LOL

Warren Bluhm said...

I knew about informed juries, but this site was new to me. You're doing your job fine, relax.