Saturday, January 26, 2008

Another Victory,…

…no matter how small, is still a victory.

I woke up way too early this morning, around 4AM and on a Saturday too, so I jumped online for a while. Finally got back to sleep about 7ish and slept until 9 or so.

I’m wondering if I shouldn’t be trading off on my sleep meds, every other day or week or something. Maybe I’d sleep better.

~~~~~~~~~

But my day went pretty normal until the afternoon when I had company. My friend, Teo, and his lovely six-year-old daughter, Angelina, stopped by to cheer me up. I served him the Jule01 beer I had received from my sister and B-I-L for Christmas, since I am allergic to something in beer and wine. But “don’t cry for me, Argentina!” Southern Comfort and I get along just fine, thank you, along with his friends Ron Bacardi and Jose Quervo! I just haven’t had a chance to “talk” to them in a while. ;- (

BTW, C&R, Teo said it was good, but sweet, like it was made with honey.

So, while Teo and Angelina were here, I dug out some snacks; almonds, cashews, and something like Cracker Jacks; I can’t think of the name right now. So, while they were snacking, I checked the time, made sure I had taken my pain meds, and tried a couple of handfuls. Although I did develop some good belches, which 'shocked and amused' Angelina, I didn’t experience any pain!!!!

Based on that experience, after my next dose of pain meds, I opened a can of clam chowder, the white variety, and tried that, while in the tub! You ever notice how clams are like little rubber erasers, especially when you’re trying to chew them up thoroughly?

The angles are all wrong for me to “express myself”, to burp, while lying down. So, I had to wait until I stood up to get rid of the gas, but that meant there was no pain again to force me to vent prematurely!!!!

Things are definitely looking up.

~~~~~~~~~

BTW, the photo of my chest with the area diagrammed where they are irradiating me has always bothered me. I just figured out why. The photo had been taken in a mirror, so is actually reversed 180 degrees. The mass of the tumor is on my left side. So, I just went back and edited the pic for an accurate representation. Sorry for any inconvenience.

~~~~~~~~

I don’t know if we’ll be going to see Cloverfield tomorrow or not. Ben has to work Sunday, as well. I’ll have to wait and see.

Other than that, it’s been a quiet day except for the rumbling way down deep inside.

Kunolunkwa!

"As a juror, I will exercise my 1000-year-old duty to arrive at a verdict, not just on the basis of the facts of a particular case, or instructions I am given, but through my power to reason, my knowledge of the Bill of Rights, and my individual conscience. When needful, I will judge the law itself." -L. Neil Smith

No comments: