Sunday, December 23, 2007

Amy’s Stay, Day 7

Updates, huh?

As you might imagine, I have a confluence of things going on all at the same time this time of year.

My chemo is going marginally better than last time. Or, I’m getting use to dealing with it. But I can feel pretty crappy depending on the circumstances. Especially if they want me to do the dishes! :-) And the pump does come off tomorrow.

As for my worsening condition, Amy touched lightly on the issue. My last PET scan was so-o-o-o good that we might have forgot what my doctor had said. He had stated that their hope, their goal, was just to keep things from getting worse than the way I came in during the first few courses of chemo. Which was why my tumor reduction was a “dramatic improvement.” We’re probably just getting back to a normal progression of events I guess you could say. I did get a tentative agreement to use the "cancer strength" product called IP-6. I’ll take the documentation in tomorrow and we’ll see.

As some of you may know, I tend to read and agree with a lot of the stuff Lew Rockwell has on his site, and I have commented on Bill Sardi’s site, Knowledge of Health, before. Besides, I believe that, just like Genesis 1:29 says, “all seed-bearing plants” can be used for food, for the health of our bodies. No matter what someone else may say.

Amy’s friend, Mike, flew in Friday night to visit for the Holiday weekend. He had been on one of those islands in the Caribbean—for work, honest—and had to fly into Green Bay to visit us. Quite the contrast!! He was delayed by fog just getting into GB.

We ran down to Ken and Kris’s today for Christmas dinner. The snow caused us to take quite a while on the trip, both ways. Amy was driving her Florida rental, which was fun. She drove very cautiously! Drove me nuts! But then, I can’t drive all the time, I guess.

Tomorrow Ben has to go in to work early for a few hours, Mike flies out of GB to go home, then I have to get my pump removed, my sister ,Cuz, and Ronny are coming up for a few days, and I might have friends stopping by to say “Feliz Navidad” in the afternoon. So I might not get a chance to stop by and say anything for a while.

So “Feliz Navidad!” And have a safe and Merry Christmas if I don’t talk to you before then.

And remember, this goes back to Genesis 1:29: "As a juror, I will exercise my 1000-year-old duty to arrive at a verdict, not just on the basis of the facts of a particular case, or instructions I am given, but through my power to reason, my knowledge of the Bill of Rights, and my individual conscience. When needful, I will judge the law itself." -L. Neil Smith

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Ben & Family!!

-HB said...

Merry Christmas, Nettie, to you and yours, as well. Even if I am twelve hours late in responding. Long story that I may share with you yet tonight. :-)

I want you to know that, as a friend that I've met only once in person, I appreciate all the support that you have given me. "I know when you've been sleeping; I know when you're awake." And I know when you've been out to the blog looking for some news about me and my condition. And I want you to know that it touches my heart that you, especially, and there are several others I could name, have taken such an interest in my health and well-being. I sometimes feel bad that I can't provide more, and better, news.

But I want you all to know that you have given me the BEST Christmas present that I could ever expect. Thank You! Thank you all!

I hear someone coming down the hall, but I suspect that it's Maz and not Santa, so I'll just say "Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!"