Thursday, December 20, 2007

Amy’s Stay, Day 4

As you might imagine, I’ve been busy and tired. The Dexamethasone (the steroid) has been bugging me, and I think the chemo is hitting a little faster this time.

PET Scan results have shown some regression; the tumor has gotten larger since the last PET Scan. I figured as much because of the problems I have eating the farther I get away from a Round. Or to say it another way, the closer I get to my next Round of chemo I start to have trouble with my stomach. I’ve had my first Ensure in quite a while.

So the hiccups have started again, I seem to get tired a little earlier, and my muscles are starting to fail and it’s only what, Day 2? At least I don’t have any nausea. And although the hiccups are disconcerting, they don’t cause much pain.

Amy, her mom, and Ken have run out to the mall. I’ve begged off pleading being fatigue. And it is true; I do better earlier in the day. So I thought I’d update my schedule and pass on a little info.

If you noticed my schedule there is a couple of consults scheduled for next week. For the first time, maybe because it was a different doctor, they have me scheduled for a Radiation consult. And I have another surgical consult. Por que? No se! The last one wanted to take out my esophagus; maybe they’ll talk about just moving the stomach up a little.

I did get some records finally. I still don’t have the scans to post here, I don’t have the records I paid for, and they still haven’t gotten my name right! How’s that for belly aching? I mentioned that I might get a little more critical when I’m not feeling well due to my chemo and Amy started laughing. I don’t get it! What was that about?

Feliz Navidad!

"As a juror, I will exercise my 1000-year-old duty to arrive at a verdict, not just on the basis of the facts of a particular case, or instructions I am given, but through my power to reason, my knowledge of the Bill of Rights, and my individual conscience. When needful, I will judge the law itself." -L. Neil Smith

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Observations:

Well, its very cold here, but nice to be with family ;-). Dad is feeling run down, tired, and a bit crabby, but that's to be expected. I know he's dissapointed that he's feeling this crappy this soon in this round of chemo. I'm impressed with the patience he is showing towards my monsters, especially given all he's dealing with.

Yesterday was hard, hearing the results of the latest PET scan, that the cancer has gotten slightly worse since the last PET scan. But, we were all surprised that things had improved so much at the time of the last one. Plus, even though its a bit of a set back, its still NO WHERE near as bad as it originally was. So, i'm staying optimistic.

Well, that's all for now... I'll post more soon.

Anonymous said...

Kind of two steps forward, one step back, eh?

Have they said this worsening of the treatments is to be expected?

Anonymous said...

more updates......please?