Thursday, October 18, 2007

Notes on a Thursday

BW Richardson, posted an intriguing comment about the movie, Fight Club. Although I had seen it before, primarily because of a review of the movie by Tom Ender, I didn’t remember that particular quote.

So, I had to watch it all over again.

So, after taking all the rain-soaked leaves that Amy and I had raked up, and all the rain-soaked leaves that I raked up yesterday, and moving them to the front yard for pickup, and after mowing the lawn, and running a few errands, I decided to sit down and watch the movie again.

It was somewhat intriguing. I can certainly sympathize with Chloe. I can sympathize with the desire to have done something more than to succumb to all the marketing ploys. And, although my favorite genre of “skiffy” (SciFi) is the post-Apocalyptic stories, I don’t know that I would want to be the one to have precipitated the event.

I’ll have to think about it for a few days.

BTW, I clicked on Tom Ender’s name in the Comment Section only to find that he, too, has started a blog. Just something more I’ll have to keep an eye on….. Which reminds me, I haven't told Tom. Should I bring him down, too?

~~~~~~~~~~~

I may even get paid.

It seems that my doctor’s office—the Clinic, not the Medical Center—had sent in the paperwork for my short-term disability. The insurance company just didn’t receive it. So, with everyone working together, I was informed by my HR contact today that the insurance company has everything they need, they’re cutting a check and sending it to my company today, and they’ll send it on to me when it gets there.

I like payday, especially now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tomorrow is my PET scan. We’ll see just how much tumor butt we’ve kicked. I probably won’t find out until I go in Wednesday for my next round of chemo.

But I have been feeling somewhat better since I lightened up a little and started eating some things to help me, like cilantro.

Now, I love Mexican food. However, I hate cilantro, especially fresh cilantro. It tastes like soap to me. But, cilantro, along with Vitamin C helps me with one of my “disorders.” I don’t notice any difference yet, but I’m hopeful.

I don’t know if you noticed but I don't worship at the same medical “church” as most folks. I go to the Complimentary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) “church” while most folks, especially doctors, go to the Conventional Medicine (CM) “church.” So right off, we have a difference of views.

I NEED to discuss my CAM beliefs with my CM oncologist. I want to be taking my vitamins and other supplements, especially during the time I’m made “sick” on purpose. As I mentioned before, I wouldn’t have been so fatigued due to the lack of magnesium if I had been allowed to take my supplements. Are we going to start a pool on what the outcome of that discussion is going to be? LOL

Well, I’d best get to bed. Test is in the EARLY AM.

No comments: