Saturday, October 27, 2007

Just Another Day in Paradise.

OK, maybe not paradise, but darn close.

In case you didn’t notice it, I was being facetious! I’m back in the thralls of my drug-induced lethargy. And not the good drugs, the anti-cancer kind of haze.

Got home last night and my legs had swollen from all the standing. I looked like the Elephant Man. Thankfully(?), I was up all night getting rid of the water. (You figure it out.) But that meant that I was quite tired, so I ended up dozing quite a bit of the day. And when I was up, I didn’t exhibit much energy.

I did get a chance to look at a few sites where I can post wedding pictures. I’ll look into it more tomorrow, if I can round up the concentration.

Along about 4AM I was awake and thinking about Rawley, wondering what he would have made of the day’s goings on. Wondering what advice he would have given the newlyweds. I came up with a few comments of my own, but I decided to spare them.

Instead, I watched Crocodile Dundee this evening. Although it made for a lot of our jokes and one-liners, I don’t recall ever having seen the movie with Rawley. I first saw it in Madison; I was up from Illinois for a class or two at the UW Mad Campus. Evening comes and what does one do with oneself in the party town? CD was in the theater, I’d heard good things about it from Rawley, and so I stopped by to see it.

So, sometimes when I’m depressed and missing him, I pull out my copy of the first movie and watch it.

Besides, I goofed up tonight. What little I ate, I started eating way too late. I have to wait a while before I go to bed or risk having not-so-happy returns. So, I watched the movie and then thought I’d update this—notice that it’s gone from a morning event to an evening event?—while waiting for my meal to digest.

I even added a few wedding photos to my screensaver collection while waiting.

But, it’s getting close to my (updated) bedtime. I can take my pain meds a little earlier, I think.

I just reread this and I find that it’s not very eventful tonight. More like a placeholder; “Yup, still here!” Sorry! Maybe I’ll have more energy tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No need to apologize. Get your rest whenever it's available.

If you click on my name, you'll be able to view something that may give you a smile.

Then again....KD is grumbling about someone 'howling' and not being able to carry a tune and such so maybe it won't. LOL

-HB said...

That is SO CUTE!!! And so is Tommy! And I just love that little smile!

Thanks for sharing.

And let kd grumble; I believe that's the only time that he's actually happy.

I've been up and down all night every two hours. And then I spend 15 minutes, or so, trying to get back to sleep. See, kd, I can grumble too!

Just got up, having my breakfast, my famous Cream of Chicken Ramen Noodle / Egg Drop Soup and trying to catch up on my reading.

Mornin'!