Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I Knew It!

And, it’s not your fault, Robin. I just don’t like to have to go get this fight started; I’m a lover not a fighter!

I finally got to sleep about 11:30PM last night. Then, I proceeded to sleep through my 2:00AM alarm. Luckily I had two alarms set. The second one finally woke me up; probably woke Ben up, as well, if he hadn’t gone to bed yet.

Took my meds and tried to fall back asleep. Not gonna happen. So, with pain in the upper right quadrant, I got up to investigate the sounds coming from the kitchen, and to get a bottle of Ensure, hoping that something in the stomach might quell the pain. That’s after the two, count ‘em, two PC at 2:00AM. They should have kicked in by 3:00AM, wouldn’t you think? Maybe they had.

Anyway, I found out that Himmy had tipped over the kitchen garbage can. Must have been the smell of the meat package I threw out last night.

I had purchased some thin steaks, diced them, and stir-fried them with some mushrooms and dark soy sauce for supper. That used to be a favorite meal of mine when I could use some Sriracha sauce, a hot chili sauce, as well. Now it’s relatively bland; I’ll have to see what I can do about that without destroying my stomach.

Eating supper, I thought for a bit that I was going to suffer from an esophageal sphincter spasm again. It had all the earmarks started, but when it hurts that much, you learn quickly. But I let my stomach settle for a few minutes and started eating again, vewy, vewy, carefuwy! Did just fine after that.

Back to 3AM, I went back to bed, and never got back to sleep. OK, maybe about 5:30 I might have dozed off. But the alarm woke me at 6:00AM and I got up to get my day started.

I’m finding that the Dexamethasone might be the drug, a steroid, that has, and probably had, been causing my dry mouth that I had so much trouble with before. I can tell a change in the taste of food as well. My iced tea just doesn’t taste the same.

Anyway, came out to the kitchen and found that Himmy had knocked the recyclable bin and the garbage can over again. Nothing was pulled out. He either wanted to smell what was in there or was just trying to climb up on them. No big deal. It’s just that they're getting to feel at home here and that’s always good, right?

Thanks for the info last night, Kris. I read it before trying to sleep. I think what I’ll do, just to keep the kids up on what’s going on is to put a meds section in my “Sticky” Schedule post when I get home tonight.

Let’s look forward to happy times; tomorrow I get to see my daughter again!!

No comments: