Thursday, September 6, 2007

Thursday, the 6th

OK, the lawn's mowed, I picked up some 'critter' food for the rabbits and squirrels in the back yard, I'm about ready to take a bath, and then change my stupid bandages. This should be interesting.

BTW, except for a 'nature call' I was able to mow the lawn in one session, compared to the last time when I had to stop quite regularly to rest my back. It's amazing what good pain meds can do for a person's performance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nancy, her two daughters, Shelly and Dee, and Shelly's daughter, Jamie, stopped by last night to play on my swing, sit in my hammock, and to cheer me up. They did a pretty darn good job, too. Cheering me up, I mean. Although they did have the swing just a goin'.

It was nice to see the girls outside of Wal Mart, which is where I usually run into them. And it felt good to be able to talk to them.

Years ago, I tried to cut off three of my fingers while up North at my buddy's cabin. Shelly happened to be there and asked me, with my blood all over me, if I were going to cry. When I said that I wasn't, she confided to me that she might. Shelly doesn't like seeing blood.

So, I kept an eye on her when I showed off my brand new "Power Port." Well, I showed where it was buried under the skin, anyway. But, since there was no blood, I guess it passed inspection without comment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really believe that I'm eating less now than I was before due to the medication schedule.

I stopped at Hardee's this AM for a Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit. I've always liked the strong tastes represented by this sandwich. Since I can't "wolf" a sandwich down anymore, I was left with a third of the sandwich by the time I had to stop to be able to take my next meds on schedule. How strange is that?

Guess what I'm having for lunch.

It's off to the bath now!

No comments: