Saturday, September 29, 2007

It’s Amazing….

…what Packer Candy can do, especially when you don’t take it.

I’m feeling a lot better today, even though I got to bed late, again, last night. And I do believe that increased levels of PC causes insomnia for me. I just checked the side effects and didn’t see insomnia listed, but OMG! All the others possible; severe weakness, unusual fatigue, dry mouth and decreased appetite (didn’t I complain about these), muscle twitches, and decreased sex drive? Just what I need! :-D

And my new system for my pills seems to be working out well. At 11:30 this morning, I couldn’t remember if I had taken my 10:00AM meds. So I checked my pillbox for 10:00AM and sure enough, I’d forgotten my 10:00AM dose. Since I take pills so often, it’s hard to remember what I have and haven’t taken.

And BTW, I don’t need the M&Ms since I’m not currently taking any liquid meds.

~~~~~~~~

I don’t envy Ben his task of taking care of me.

I’ve been going through my files, getting rid of the paperwork I’ve accumulated over the last 40 years or so. I swear I have income tax returns from when I first started paying income tax. I have those carbon copies of almost all my checking accounts back to when they first became available.

I blame my grandparents for my habit. Having gone through the depression, even if it broke, they hung on to whatever the item was in hopes that it could be fixed at a later date, or parts from the item could be used to fix something else. I remember my grandfather’s “junk yard” back in the woods. He’d need a piece of steel a certain size and shape so he’d go out to the junk yard and look over all the stuff that was back there. Pretty soon, he’d come up with a piece that, with a little work, would suit his needs.

I’m the same way.

Anyway, I’ve been going through my files and finding that my files represent a different reality than the one I remember. All these years I thought that I needed three credits of Spanish to get my degree. Not! I need three credits of Arts and Humanities; art, music, or literature!! I still want to learn Spanish, but now I have to find a ways to attend A&H classes working a 12-hour day, four days on/ four days off schedule. Grrrrrr.

And, it seems that I have some stock that I didn’t know I had. The price per share on the certificate is $5 per share. I just checked; it’s up to $77 per share today. I’m going to have to find out what’s up with that! I don’t remember getting any stock, but my name is on it and it’s in my files!

And, I find that I have a small pension that I could be collecting on right now instead of waiting until I get to 65. Didn’t know that, either.

My memory is going, going, going, going… Did I mention that my memory is going?

~~~~~~~~

Well, I must be going out to pick up some more Packer Candy. According to the label directions, I can go through a big bottle in 6-1/4 days to 16-2/3 days. Ain’t life great?

1 comment:

Çuzanne Larson Malliett Finnerup said...

Hrm your pill boxe system sound interesting, a pic would be nice, I think.
<--------------------->
See there can come good things from losing your memory...stocks. I can't wait to find my stocks, that I can't remember. :)