Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sometimes You Feel Like You Are Making a Difference

I'm cleaning out the basement so my son, Ben, can bring his stuff over prior to moving in with me. I had a bunch of stuff earmarked for the local charity so I loaded it up and dropped it off.

One of the workers there mentioned that he recognized my vehicle. Now, my vehicle is just a generic vehicle, just like all the others on the road. So I asked him how he recognized it. "By the bumpersticker." he said. "I've seen it several times and liked your bumpersticker a lot. I've been wondering where I could get one."

My bumpersticker? You can see it here, http://www.stampandshout.com/shop/bumper-stickers/coexist.php.

Now, I'm not normally one for bumperstickers; they can get you noticed! But this one I thought reflected my personal view perfectly. I thought it worthy of notice. And it's working.

When I told the man that they were available online, he was very disappointed. Then I remembered that I had one in the vehicle, so I dug it out and made a present of it to him. He said that it was definitely going on the back of his car.

Made me feel good!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~(R>> I liked your delimiters and am going to copy them when I change subjects in a post. I hope you don't mind.)

Now, I'm wondering just how much I should put in this blog. Someone suggested that I treat it as a diary. I'm not very far from that opinion right now. Everything that I put in here is not meant for everyone, but hopefully it will mean something to someone.

Then the question becomes how much about "my condition" should I put in here. I was thinking originally that I do my "private" thing and not put any details about how I feel in here. But then when and if something bad happened, you would be surprised. Then I realized that part of the reason for this blog is so everyone could keep up to date on me; know when I'm feeling bad and celebrate when I'm feeling better.

So, I thought I'd start. I weighed 177 pounds this AM. I've lost 49 pounds since the end of March on my scale. The hospitals scales are somewhat higher. But they always weigh me with my pockets full. If you know me, I always have my pockets full of something!

I took my hot bath, but it didn't seem to revive me like it normally does. As a matter of fact, I felt pretty crappy. I'm glad that I didn't mow the lawn this morning.

Work on the basement was tiring as well. I'm going to have to start enquiring about pain meds. The pain from the tumor radiates to my back, just to the right of the spine, slightly higher, I believe, than the diaphragm.

And I can get low temperature "sweats." That's the only way I know how to describe it. I feel warm but my skin feels cool and sweaty.

So I guess I'll have to work at things a little slower. And it may be because I wasn't up right away and had breakfast. Time will tell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(Thanks, again, R.)

I got a package in the mail today as well.

My daughter turned me on to a singer name Marc Broussard, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Broussard. He does what is known as "Bayou Soul" along with other styles. He was even in a Christian band! So I ordered his CD.

But the big hit, Home, on his first major album, Carencro, named after his hometown near Lafayette, Louisiana, certainly caught my attention. You can review it here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC1v5trmB1E. Thanks, Amy!!

I also received another CD I had ordered by the artist know as Lobo, responsible for the hit, Me and You and a Dog Named Boo, and the latest paperback of a favorite author, F. Paul Wilson. It's a Repairman Jack novel.

Well, I think it's time for some tea!

Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I feel warm but my skin feels cool and sweaty."

I've had this problem for the past two years.....they tell me it's menopause. *grin*

-HB said...

My concern was the start of "night sweats." When I was being asked about symptoms by the nurse, she asked if I had night sweats. When I replied that I didn't believe so, she answered "That's good."

That got me curious, so when I came home, I Googled "night sweats" and cancer. It seems that in more advanced stages, one can lose weight overnight just from the volume of sweat one loses. We are talking 'change the bedclothes' amounts of sweat. I was pleased that I wasn't at that stage.

First, Nettie, you are too young for menopause. Second, when did you ever listen to what you were told? :-D

And you know, there are herbal remedies for something like that. They use plant estrogens to replace the human estrogens you might not be producing.

Besides for men it's not called MENopause, it's "androgen deficiency."