Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Update on Dad's Hospital Stay

Hello all,

I spoke with Dad a couple times today. He is not being discharged today, because of his severe pain issues. They want that to be under control before they let him go home. They are trying multiple tactics, and will go with what works the best.

I read the comments from Ben-my brother-'s post to Dad, and he seemed cheered by your thoughts and wishes. So, keep commenting, and Ben and/or myself will make sure Dad hears you thoughts. If you want to talk to him, you can call (920) 288-4125 and ask for room #145. That will get you his room.

I'll warn you, though.... Dad is on morphine ;-)!!! Now, for someone like Dad, who has never really done drugs, and who has never been a huge drinker, morphine is kind of a beast for him. When I spoke to him, he was grumpy about how the drugs are making him lose his train of thought, mid-sentence. I reminded him that it was normal, and that he can blame the drugs, not himself or his head, but I don't know if that helped much. He does not like being in this situation, and who can blame him.

Thanks for all your thoughts, prayers, and well-wishes.

Amy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Amy. These updates really mean a lot to those of us who rely on them to know how things are progressing.

Your father pops into my thoughts many times throughout the day. I wonder if he realizes how much of an impact he has on other's lives?

I hope the pain is controlled soon, in a way that is satisfactory to him, and that he's able to come home in the very near future.

Çuzanne Larson Malliett Finnerup said...

Amy I would be lost with out you and Ben keeping us up to date on things when your dad can't.

To my brother Ben- You must be going stir crazy cooped up in the hospital. But hey, you've probably found a nice nurse to chat with, just don't let that keep you in there. Work with the morphine...be the morphine and then come home, this isn't the time for you to sow your hippy oats. ;)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!