Monday, April 14, 2008

Back To Work

No, not me! Ben!

I like spending time with my son—with ALL my kids really—seeing as how I only have two that are really, truly mine. But Amy isn’t here right now. So, if I don’t get too much posted on the weekends, I hope that you’ll understand.

Now there are other things that I’d rather be doing with Ben—snorkeling comes to mind—but if watching TV shows like we did in the old days are all I can manage right now, then that’s what I’ll do. Now, I also don’t want to monopolize his usual one day off per week—this weekend was unusual for him for now—especially if he has other things to do, so, just like my side effects, it can get to be a balancing act. But thankfully, we haven’t gotten to that point yet.

~~~~~~~~~

Reading my usual sites I ran across an interesting article from Bill St. Clair over at End The War On Freedom. With a title like that can you understand why I just might like this site? It was funny that the hospital blocked his site due to weapons!! LOL

Anyway, he came up with an interesting article this morning entitled “Cancer Therapy Without Side Effects Nearing Trials.” Guaranteed to get me to read it. No Side Effects!!!!!

It seems that nanoparticles can be targeted specifically on cancer cells, then radio frequency wavelengths can be run through the body, causing the particles to heat up, causing the cancer cells to heat up, killing them, but not the healthy cells around them!

Now, right off the top of my head, I’d say that this has a very good chance of working if they can get the cancer cells sufficiently targeted. So, there is hope for you if you ever develop cancer in the not too distant future.

However, being the pessimist that I am, am I to understand that the pharmaceutical industry is going to stand by and let someone start killing off cancer cells without them getting a big piece of the pie? And the two organizations who can do this for them are the FDA and the AMA. This scenario is almost identical to the one that lead to the suppression of the Royal Raymond Rife technology that was killing cancer way back in the 1940s!

BTW, I recently ran across an interesting article entitled “What the American Medical Association hopes you never learn about its true history.” Morris Fishbein, the guy who brought Rife to his knees, features prominently in the story.

~~~~~~~~~

Now, I’m not here intentionally spying on you, but I do like to know who is visiting my blog, what they are looking for, and where they are located. So I have installed a program called SiteMeter. It has led me to learn all sorts of things.

For example, I would have learned that Sunni Maravillosa—see my links—had put a link on her page to let people come visit me via my SiteMeter reports. Fortunately, I think I noticed the link on her page before I had checked SiteMeter, though.

Now, I end up having to make some logical “guesses” on occasion. I happen to have a friend down towards Madison whom I haven’t told yet about my condition. But we also have several friends in common. So when I started getting hits from the Madison area by someone using a news aggregator, I kinda figured it was him. Not for sure yet, just an educated guess.

So I was kinda surprised when I started getting hits from another blogging type of site, so I had to “checka out” as Rawley used to say.

If you recall a few days ago I had mentioned pulling together all the blogs that are talking about the big “C” and posting it somewhere. But as someone--it may even be the Bible--said, “There’s nothing new under the sun.” Someone’s already did a great job of pulling these blogs together. I found out when I started getting hits linked to me from that site.

The site is called Blogged.com, and here’s my page on the site. So, if looking for more cancer blogs or almost any other type of blog is your thing, head on over and see what can be found.

One of the things I noticed, being a former QA kinda guy, is they have a rating system for each blog. And my rating right now is 8.3 out of 10. Now the editor of Blogged.com is the only one who has rated me so far. But, since he sees a lot of these blogs, I thought that an 83% was pretty good. Maybe it’s so low ‘cause I use words like “kinda.”

Now, I’m not going to try to find out what the criteria for a good blog are and go nuts trying to hit a perfect 10. I have too many other things to do. But Amy, it looks like we’ve narrowed your focus a bit! :-P

~~~~~~~~~

I have totally switched over to just one pain med with two different versions: a time released, and a short acting version. It took me a while to get a control system in place so I could remember to take my meds when I needed them, especially in the middle of the night. If I can’t get comfortable due to the pain, then I can’t sleep, and I end up dragging all day. And dragging around all day in pain is no fun at all.

After taking some time to get used to the meds I’ve come to the conclusion that the meds aren’t doing the job. The pain in the hip joint doesn’t respond to the new meds as well as the liver pain. But I still have trouble getting comfortable at night in bed and end up tossing and turning all night.

So, I called the Clinic today and described my situation. I got a call back informing me that my “label directions” have changed. First I’m to try doubling the time-released meds and see how that works. If that doesn’t help enough, then I’m to try doubling the short acting meds and even start dosing every three hours if necessary. Without the acetaminophen, that shouldn’t be an issue. And I should get used to the dose fairly quickly so I won’t be running around all tuckered out.

I just checked my temp and found that I’m at 100.4 degrees. Now, just by feeling my forehead I wouldn’t have guessed that it was that high. Skin temp doesn't always match internal temps. And I have checked it on occasion with a mercury-filled glass thermometer just to double check. And later tonight, my temp will be fine, but I’ll be sweating “like a stuck pig,” as they sometimes say around here. But, I’m to take naproxen sodium for that condition. I’m curious to see how that works. And it’s also an NSAID. Maybe it’ll help the hip and the shoulder.

So, I’m going to put this issue of my blog “to bed” now, pull together the garbage to go out, and wait breathlessly for Ben to come home.

Kunolunkwa, y te quiero!

And remember, "As a juror, I will exercise my 1000-year-old duty to arrive at a verdict, not just on the basis of the facts of a particular case, or instructions I am given, but through my power to reason, my knowledge of the Bill of Rights, and my individual conscience. When needful, I will judge the law itself." -L. Neil Smith

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn it - I was so excited to send you the link, but you've already found it - bummer....

Maybe I should find a different topic to explore and pass along.

-HB said...

And you should be excited. Thank You!

I didn't find it the first time through, and it wasn't until the site showed up while I was looking for the "recipe" that I took another look.

I do get offline links in my email for things that folks know, or think, might interest me. So, if you send them to me, I have the choice to view them or not. It's my choice. If you don't send them, and I miss them, I have NO CHOICE at all in the matter.

So I do hope that you'll continue to send the links that I may be looking for! It may just be the link that turns the tide for me! And you helped!

Anonymous said...

I am soso sorry that you are suffering in this manner, my friend. Is it aching, sharp, stabbing, what? In other words, how does it feel?
If it helps to speak of it at all, and you do not wish to write it here, email me.
I am glad that they are taking your pain seriously, and are willing to try adjustments to help you.
Ben is our excellent son, and we are blessed to have him. You, sir, are blessed to have him there with you, for he really is the best of men.
Do let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you.
All mine, KMMK

-HB said...

My pain, hmmmm. It's like trying to say how bad it is. Pick a time and I can tell you. But to try and characterize all day....

Well, I have a tumor in my stomach and I'm taking an NSAID for the fever/sweating. I'm sure that it causes some stomach pain.

I have tumors in the lungs and the liver. I'm sure that they cause some of the pain. Knowing that abdominal pain can show up anywhere just means that I experience pain from the collar bone, including the AC joints in the shoulders, all the way down to the hip joints and the pubic bone. I even have some pain down the thigh of the left leg.

Most of it manifests itself as "aching" or a dull throbbing kind of pain. It's not often that i experience anything approaching "sharp" pain unless we include the left hip joint.

For example, I had my left leg crossed over my right leg when one of the nurses accidently hit my foot while she was getting up. THAT was a sharp pain.

Waiting in Shopko for my pain meds to be refilled, an old lady hit my foot, in the same way that the nurse had hit my foot, with her cart! She didn't even realize that she had hit my foot!

It was then that I started thinking about getting a Christmas stocking for that left foot anytime I had it propped up! So now this evening I'm facing a dull ache in that joint for a while.

Right now I just have too many side effects going on all at once to try and minimize all the pain that is going on. And I'm not telling you guys all of this looking for sympathy, but more as just me writing in my diary. I looked back recently to get some info the doctor had wanted. Since i wrote about it here, I was able to give him a better idea of what is going on.

I've always been a big fan of our kids. I can't love them equally because they are unique individuals, with their own strong points and styles, but I do love them both a lot! I hope that they will realize that when they read this, and I hope that everyone else recognizes just how much I do love them.

And thank you for the offer of help. If something should come up where it would make sense for me or Ben to solicit your aid, you can be sure that we will.

nsanyi25 said...

This is the best article I've read on this subject in a long time. I love returning back to this the quality content you always have on offer. clasament romania