Monday, February 25, 2008

Good News / Bad News

I have some good news and I have some bad news tonight. Which do you want first? OK.

The good news: I didn’t have chemotherapy today.

More Good News: I don’t have Radiation until 5:00PM tomorrow, so I can sleep in, after getting up to belch and take more pain meds.

Wait! No more radiation after Wednesday! That’s good news as well.

Now the bad news: No chemo means that my blood tests weren’t good enough to support adding more chemicals to my body. Didn’t I bring this up before, 3 on and 1 off? Looks like 4 on and 2 off doesn’t work for some of us.

More bad news: The pain is getting worse. I left Radiation today and started out to my vehicle. My stomach started doing flip-flops; kind of a cross between hiccups and palpitations. I went back inside to wait for the stomach to subside. It finally did, but it still hurt. Dying muscle cells still trying to function don’t feel real nice.

More bad news: I don’t know if my body is now trained by the chemo I’ve been getting, but my diarrhea started today, along with the gas. I’m going to wake myself up tonight just from the rumbling NOISE!!!! And I’m not even kidding.

The buildup of gas in my stomach, which I can’t get rid of while lying in bed, causes the GE Juncture to hurt. So I’m taking a full dose of pain meds at night. But I’m willing to bet I’ll be hurting by morning.

More bad news, possibly: The doctor told me I wouldn’t have any more radiation after Wednesday or chemo at all, unless we decide to do something after more imagery which is actually good. But, the nurse has me set up for chemo in two weeks. I wonder if someone isn’t getting the message. Probably me, I should know that by now. :-(

BTW, I’m down to the last three personal emails in my inbox. I’m hoping to get to them tomorrow! Then I’ll be caught up. With me feeling somewhat better I hope to do a better job in the future.

I was more cheerful this past weekend, less fatigued (I may even start cleaning my house soon), but I’m still tired/sleepy. I take that as a good sign. Kids grow while sleeping; I’m hoping that adults heal while sleeping. My body, trying to replace the needed blood cells takes the energy right out of my body!

Kunolunwa, y te quiero!

You guys know all about jury nullification by now, right?

No comments: