Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Short Note Tonight

Wouldn’t you know, I slept pretty good with the Sominex last night so I get a "wrong number" call at 6:50AM!! But I went right back to sleep and woke up before 9:00AM. I might have to start setting my alarm, just so I can get out of Ben’s way when he gets up to go to work.

I got dressed very warm and went out to blow some snow in the below zero temps with a good wind going. I had felt OK when I got up; I am getting stronger. Otherwise I wouldn’t have tried it. But I know the cold and the equipment better than Ben does. But just moving that blower around in the cold really wore me out. I was huffing and puffing when I came in.

I felt bad; Mousebane wanted to be petted, scratched, and loved and I just didn’t have the strength to hold my arms up.

I know; I know. That’s how us old guys turn up dead or in the hospital. I took rest breaks in my warming vehicle. But I was still tired.

Today, makes the start of my third week of Radiation Therapy.

This new chemo is starting to piss me off. It’s affecting my brain even more. I’m starting to make mistakes doing easy Sudoku puzzles!!!! And it’s taking me twice as long to do the colored tile version. My brain is slowing down. :-(

Monday, they took me off the rat poison for the week. I was supposed to have labs on Friday to see whether or not I restart the stuff. They never scheduled labs for me! I had to stop by today and ask when my appointment was. So I sat around while they talked about it and finally they sent me home; "they’d call me later." They did call and I had to tell them what the doctor had said. Don't they document anything????

So, I finally have an appointment for labs on Friday.

Oh, I mentioned that their online appointment schedule system for me was gone. I sent two emails last week and no response. When I was in on Monday I talked to Nurse Diane about it, she said that she’d see if she couldn’t do something about it. When I got home, there was an email waiting for me telling me they had corrected the problem. Unfortunately, they had the name wrong, which they have since corrected without input from me. Things look like they’re working for now. So I checked and my Friday appointment is there! Cool!

I even had the energy to mount my wall clock in the bedroom. The 3M sticky hook holding the clock fell off the wall when I had the humidifier going in here. So the clock fell too. I put it back up using a screw. It’s gonna take more to get the clock off the wall now.

I’ve been tired all day—sleepy tired—but I’ve resisted taking a nap; I’d rather sleep at night. The lack of pain meds has caused a little problem, but not much. I have the chemo causing some stomach pain, and then there’s an unnamed tumor not wanting to be disturbed in there letting me know all about it. But for now, it’s tolerable.

All in all, things look pretty good. I’m waiting for warmer weather.

Kunolunkwa!!

"As a juror, I will exercise my 1000-year-old duty to arrive at a verdict, not just on the basis of the facts of a particular case, or instructions I am given, but through my power to reason, my knowledge of the Bill of Rights, and my individual conscience. When needful, I will judge the law itself." -L. Neil Smith

No comments: