Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Cold Sunday

Since Warren’s timely warning that Cloverfield wasn’t playing in town this weekend left us with little to do, I’ve spent most of the day sleeping. BTW, I did note that Cloverfield did very well at the box office. Maybe it’s better that we go next weekend.

And I did figure out why I’m sleeping so much, lately. Several of the meds I’m taking can make one drowsy. Drowsy + not doing much of anything + staying in a warm bed = sleep. “Elementary, my dear Watson!”

~~~~~~~~~

OK, so I called a nurse last night to ask if my stomach pain could be caused by the radiation therapy. A “reality check,” if you will. She said she had no information to suggest that it was. She suggested calling the doctor, which I will do tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~

Today, after not having had anything solid to eat, just sucking bottles of Ensure, I noticed what appeared to be food particles in my mouth. But, I’ve brushed my teeth and flossed, and it’s been since Friday, or even earlier, that I’ve eaten anything that remotely looks like what I’m finding, my only conclusion is that the particles are part of me.

I wonder if I’ve been coughing up my lungs.

Actually, I’ve experienced this before while undergoing chemotherapy. I would get the mouth sores, and when they started to heal, these chunks would show up. I thought that it was just dead tissue from the sores sloughing off. But, I’m not on chemo, and I don’t have mouth sores. So where are the chunks coming from? My tumor? My esophagus? They do seem to show up after a good cough.

I emptied an allspice spice container, put a couple of cc’s of alcohol in it and started depositing my “samples” in there. I’ll take it with me tomorrow to the VLCC.

Am I too observant?

Geez, I really hope that you aren’t eating when you read this…

~~~~~~~~~

I finished reading Heinlein’s Glory Road today. As I mentioned before, it has been decades unfortunately since I last read this particular book. But I definitely see how he influenced my worldview. That’s not to say that I always agree with him. But he did have considerable influence.

Kunolunkwa!

"As a juror, I will exercise my 1000-year-old duty to arrive at a verdict, not just on the basis of the facts of a particular case, or instructions I am given, but through my power to reason, my knowledge of the Bill of Rights, and my individual conscience. When needful, I will judge the law itself." -L. Neil Smith

No comments: