Monday, December 10, 2007

Round 4, Day 15

It’s been two weeks since I started Round 4 and so far it’s been the worst round of chemotherapy, yet

Talking with the young lady from my doctor’s office she had mentioned not wanting to live in the recliner. Since I spent from Day 4 to Day 9 in the recliner, I could understand the feeling. Talking yesterday with someone who expressed similar sentiments, I decided to coin a phrase, Riding the Recliner (RTR), to describe that action, or lack thereof.

I don’t know if you noticed but Round 5 is back on. Friday I go in for another PET scan, and the following Wednesday starts Round 5. Yippee. I’m expecting to be RTR over the holidays. Sorry.

I am feeling better, though. The muscles still tire very easily. But all that means is that I am now trying to catch up on all the things that I had to let slide when I was RTR! I mentioned clearing the snow on Friday. Never got around to finishing the job on Saturday, but it wasn’t important.

I did run out to a couple of stores on Saturday. I’m not going to do that again. People in cars usually have trouble driving during the rest of the year. Around Christmas, however, I swear someone piths them and then lets them get into their vehicles and drive. I’ve heard stories—I always thought them Urban Myths—about over-the-road truck drivers who come home from a run and refuse to drive their personal vehicles around town, making the wife do the driving. I’m starting to wish I were married so I can join them.

I didn’t find what I wanted although I did get the opportunity to walk around the mall. If you know how I walk, you’ll know that I was tired when I got done. I spent more time waiting to get around people than I did walking.

OK, I’ll explain, just this once. Back during my college days, I remember walking with a young lady named Anita one evening when she said that she liked walking with me “in the evening.” I asked why she had qualified her statement. She said that by evening I had slowed down enough that she could finally keep up with me with enough effort. I slowed down a bit when out walking with girls after that.

So, like I said, I’ve been trying to catch up on everything that I wasn’t able to get to during my recliner time. I had to get the spare bedroom, Amy’s room, ready. I had stored some stuff in there since she was last here. And I had to try and monster-proof the bed. It’s one of those inflatable beds. Imagine dog toenails on a balloon! We’ll see how it works.

And I’ve been trying to get my office cleaned up. I’ve had papers all over being sorted and the like. And then I always seem to find more paper. It’s hard to sort paperwork when you can’t remember where you are putting that particular type of document. Now I have papers and boxes of stuff.

To top everything else off, I can’t find my brand of tea!!!!! My store, Woodman’s, has a big empty spot on the shelf for a month now where my AriZona Rx Stress tea usually sits in the big gallon bottles. Wal Mart only had the quart bottles. I stopped at Cubs, Festival, and Copps and they don’t even carry it. Anybody sees it on the shelf, let me know, OK?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have they even mentioned surgery?

-HB said...

The only time surgery was mentioned was my initial $260 surgical consult. That's when I was told the horror story of how they would cut my throat, pull my esophagus out of my abdomen, move my stomach up into my thoracic cavity, placing my stomach BETWEEN my heart and spine.

Even though I ask, they don't tell me anything in advance. I've asked for my medical records, which they are supposed to supply to me, hoping to learn something and I haven't even gotten those.

Let's face it, we are just sheep to be shorn.

Don't get me started!!

Anonymous said...

Ummmm......ok, I won't! :P

Ronny Finnerup said...

just popped in to let you know we still check in and read what is going on but the last planing and getting house setup for the trip takes alot of work but soon we will be there to bug you in person

Anonymous said...

Ronny Finnerup said...
soon we will be there to bug you in person

*******************
I'm so envious of you!

-HB said...

Ronnie, we're looking forward to seeing you guys again in person. And if you bug me too much I can always pull a "mother" and go to my room. But don't count on it.

And thank you Nettie for the compliment. Give those babies a hug from me! Still have my fingers crossed.